Decisions .... decisions! There are some hard choices today - two different Walkures; the fast-rising young tenor James Valenti in Traviata; the Met's Samson et Dalil with Borodina (the only singer here that, frankly, appeals to me); Zenlinsky's Der König Kandaules (to make a Zemlinsky fanatic of our acquaintance happy) with a lovely lyric, Barbara Haverman; a strong cast in Mozart's Clemenze di Tito; a Cunning Little Vixen with Rosemary Joshua. Unfortunatley most of these items are already underway (I overslept this morning).
- Sveriges Radio P2 - From Stockholm, Wagner's Die Walküre, with Katarina Dalayman, Terje Stensvold, Nina Stemme, Endrik Wottrich, Martina Dike and Hans-Peter König, conducted by Gregor Bühl.
- DR P2 - Yet another Die Walküre, with Poul Elming, Iréne Theorin, Tina Kiberg, James Johnson and Stephen Milling, conducted by Michael Schønwandt.
- France Musiques - From Paris, a performance of Mozart's La Clemenza di Tito, featuring Mark Padmore, Alexandrina Pendatchanska, Bernarda Fink, Marie-Claude Chappuis, Sunhae Im and Sergio Foresti, conducted by René Jacobs.
- Klara and Radio Oesterreich International - A November 2005 performance of Verdi's La Traviata, with Norah Amsellem, the up-an-coming James Valenti and Dalibor Jenis, conducted by Danieli Gatti.
- Latvia Radio Klasika - A July 2005 performance from Munich of Handel's Alcina, with Anja Harteros, Vasellina Kasarova, Sonja Prima and Debora York, conducted by Ivor Bolton.
- Musiq3 - From Opéra Royal de Wallonie an April 2003 performance of Zemlinsky's Der König Kandaules, with Barbara Haveman, Mireille Bailly, Gary Bachlund, Werner Van Mechelen, Peter Edelmann, James McLean, Patrick Delcour, Randall Jakobsh, Jean Teitgen, Guy Gabelle, François Piolino, Léonard Graus and Roger Joakim, conducted by Bernhard Kontarsky.
- Radio 4 Netherlands - From De Nederlandse Opera a February 2 performance of Janacek's The Cunning Little Vixen, with Rosemary Joshua, Natascha Petrinsky, Dale Duesing and Robert Poulton, conducted by Ingo Metzmacher.
- Metropolitan Opera Broadcast (numerous stations) - Saint-Saëns's Samson et Dalila, with Olga Borodina, Clifton Forbis and Jean-Philippe Lafont, conducted by Emmanuel Villaume. ALSO, remember that Lyric FM in Ireland airs the Met later in the day. We have recently added two new stations from Down Under - ABC Classic FM from Australia and Concert FM from New Zealand - which both carry the Met broadcasts, but they are three weeks behind, so if you have missed a broadcast, here is a golden opportunity to pick up a past broadcast in good sound. They are available ;ate Saturday evening and early Sunday morning Eastern time.
- WVIK and YPR - NPR World of Opera is starting a three-week series of concert performances from Opera Orchestra of New York, all conducted by Eve Queler. The first opera is Verdi's Attila, with Lauren Flanigan, Samuel Ramey, Francisco Casanova, C.Y. Liao, and Jason Grant.
- Cesky Rozhlas-3 Vltava - Fibich's NEVĚSTA MESSINSKÁ, with Marta Krásová, Přemysl Kočí, Ivo Žídek, Milada Šubrtová, Josef Celerín, Jaroslav Veverka, Antonín Votava and Vlasta Mlejnková, Václav Jiráček.
- Espace 2 - From the Bolshoi in Moscow, a December 2005 performance of Prokoviev's War and Peace, with Andreï Grigoriev, Margarita Mamsirova, Tatiana Yerastova, Alexander Naumenko, Roman Muravitsky, Oksana Kornievskaya, Vsevolod Grivnov, Paata Burchuladze, and Boris Statsenko, conducted by Alexander Vedernikov.
- Catalunya Música - From Gran Teatre del Liceu, a performance of Granados' María del Carmen, with Ana María Sánchez, María Rodríguez, Albert Montserrat, David Pittman-Jennings, Stefano Palatchi, Joan Marín- Royo, Mercè Obiol and Javier Roldán, conducted by Josep Caballé-Domenech.