Saturday, May 20, 2006 - Part III
Here's even more of today's live offerings:
- Dwojke Polskie Radio - Bellini's Norma, with Edita Gruberova, Zoran Todorovich and Sonia Ganassi; Friedrich Haider conducting.
- Espace 2 joins NRK Alltid Klassisk in airing the Chatelet Ring cycle, but here we have Die Walkuere instead, again with Jukka Rasilainen and Mihiko Fujimura; joining them are Linda Watson, Peter Seifert, Petra-Maria Schnitzer and Stephen Milling, again under Christoph Eschenbach.
- Radio Stephansdom - Or we can hear a classic performance from the Ring cycle at Wieland Wagner's Neu Bayreuth of the 1950s: Wagner's Siegfried with the young Wolfgang Windgassen, joined by Astrid Varnay, Hans Hotter, Paul Kuen and Gustav Neidlinger, all under Hans Knappertsbusch's gentle baton (1956).
- WOMR - For those unable to catch today's earlier rerun, here again is the Opera Stage/European Opera presentation of Verdi's Ballo in Maschera at Carnegie Hall, with Salvatore Licitra, Michele Crider and Dmitri Hvorostovsky; Robert Bass conducting.
- WDAV - Finally, at the end of today, you can catch a rerun of NPR World of Opera's presentation of Rossini's Viaggio a Reims, with Inva Mula, Sara Mingardo, Patrizia Ciofi, June Anderson, Raul Gimenez and Ruggero Raimondi; Maurizio Benini conducting.