After a couple of weeks away from the blog - first a week of vacation and then last Saturday a journey with a bunch of friends to Caramoor to see Sumi Jo in a first-rate concert performance of Bellini's I Puritani. We are back in the saddle, just in time for this Saturday's live offerings courtesy of OperaCast.
- Bartok Radio - Maniuszko's A kísértetkastély, with Adam Kruszewski, Iwona Hossa, Anna Lubanska, Krzysztof Szmyt, Dariusz Stachura, Piotr Novacki, Stefania Toczyska, Zbigniew Macias, Romuald Tesarowicz and Agnieszka Zwierko.
- Deutschlandradio Kultur - Michele Carafa's Die zwei Figaros, with Carmino Monaco, Simon Bailey, Giorigio Trucco, Vittorio Prato, Guiseppe Fedeli, Cinzia Rizzone, Rossella Bevaqua and Eunshil Kim, conducted by Brad Cohen.
- DR P2 - rebroadcast of the Toronto perfromance of Rossini's Tancredi, with Eva Podles, Michael Colvin, Nicoleta Ardelean, Robert Pomakov, Marie-Nicole Lemieux and Laura Whalen, conducted by Will Crutchfield [Next week at Caramoor Crutchfield will be conducting this same opera again with Podles].
- NPR World of Opera (numerous stations) - From last summer's Glimmerglass Opera season, a performance of a double bill, The Portrait of Manon by Jules Massenet featuring Kristine Winkler, Theodore Baerg, Colin Ainsworth and Bruce Reed, Andrew Bisantz conducting; and The Human Voice by Francis Poulenc with Amy Burton conducted by Stewart Robertson. Other NPR stations who are a week or so behind will be broadcasting Thomas' Hamlet from Grand Theater of Geneva and Handel's Orlando from Glimmerglass.
- WFMT'S Opera Stage/European Opera series (numerous stations) and Radio Oesterreich International - From the Bolshoi, Prokoviev's War and Peace with Andrei Grigoriev, Elena Novak, Leonid Zimnenko, Yekaterina Shcherbachenko, Alexander Naumenko, Margarita Mamsirova, Roman Muravitsky, Oksana Kornievskaya, Vsevolod Grivnov, Yuri Baranov, Tatiana Yerastova, Irina Rubtsova, Paata Burchuladze and Boris Statsenko, Alexander Vedernikov conducting. Some other Opera Stage stations will be carrying Offenbach's La Vie Parisienne, Mozart's Ascania in Alba or Vivaldi's Orlanado Furioso.
- Latvia Radio Klasika - Catalani's La Wally, with Violeta Urmana, Pauls Dumitresku, Viktorija Lukjaneca, Francesko Hongs, Ambrodžo Maestri, Nadja Krasteva, conducted by Carlo Franci.
- Radio 4 Netherlands - From Orange, Verdi's Aida with Indra Thomas, Marianne Cornetti, Marie-Paule Dotti, Roberto Alagna and Orlin Anastassov, conducted by Michel Plasson.
- CBC Two -From the nation al opera in Paris, Kaija Saariaho's Adriana Mater with Patricia Bardon, Solveig Kringelborn, Stephen Milling and Gordon Geitz,conducted by Esa-Pekka Salonen.
- NRK Alltid Klassisk - Béla Bartók's Ridder Blåskjegg, with Katarina Dalayman and Peter Fried, conducted by Jukka-Pekka Saraste.
- Sveriges Radio P2 - A reairing of Washington National Opera's 2005 performance of Gershwin's Porgy and Bess, with Gordon Hawkins, Indira Mahajan, Laquita Mitchell, Angela Simpson, Jermaine Smith and Eric Green, conducted by Wayne Marshall.
- WRTI - a Carnegie Hall performance with Robert Bass and the Collegiate Chorale of Verdi's Macbeth with Juan Pons, Maria Guleghina, Michael Sylvester, Dean Peterson, Chris Owens, Kevin Burdette, and Laura Danehower Whyte.
- Bayern 4 Klassik - From Munich, a concert of arias from various operas with Andrea Rost and Roberto Saccà, Marco Armiliato conducting.
- France Musiques - From Opera Bastille, Donizetti's L'Elisir d'amore with Heidi Grant-Murphy, Paul Groves and Laurent Naouri.
- Musiq3 - Vivaldi's L'Atenaïde with Ruth Rosique Lopez, Romina Basso, Laura Rizzetto, Fransiska Gottwald, Cristina Baggio, Bartolo Musil and Mark Tucker, conducted by Andrea Marcon.
- BBC Rasdio 3 - From the Proms, Mozart the Dramatist, a concert of Mozart arias featuring Anna Leese, Rebecca Nash, Ailish Tynan, Ian Bostridge, Benjamin Hulett, Simon Keenlyside, Kyle Ketelsen and Brindley Sherratt, conducted by Sir Roger Norrington.
- Catalunya Musica - From Gran Teatre del Liceu, a concert of Handel excerpts and arias with Elena de la Merced and Vivica Genaux, conducted by Michael Hofstetter.
- Lyric FM - From the Wexford Festival Faure's Penelope with Nora Sourouzian and Gerard Powers.
- Radio Tre (RAI) - From Teatro Poliziano di Montepulciano, a double bill of Henze's one act opera, Das Wundertheater, with Philip O'Brien, Anne Albrecht, Richard Wiegold, Giles Davies, Meeta Raval, Julian Hubbard, Simona Mihai, Pedro Tyrone and Sam Boden; and Brecht/Weill's Mahagonny with Simona Mihai, Anne Albrecht, Philip O'Brien, Sam Boden, Giles Davies and Richard Wiegold, conducted by Jan Latham-Koenig.
- RDP Antena 2 - Tippett's Midsummer Marriage with Amanda Roocroft, Will Hartmann, Elena Manistina, John Tomlinson, Cora Burggraaf, Gordon Gietz, Brindley Sherratt and Diana Montague, conducted by Richard Hickox.