Coming Up This Saturday - Part 1
Here's the first installment of the Saturday afternoon lineup for October 7th:
- Bartok - From Parma, Donizetti's Alina, with Daniela Dessi, Adelisa Tabiadon, Rockwell Blake, Paolo Coni, Andrea Martin and Sergio Bertocchi.
- Deutschlandradio Kultur - From Frankfurt, Glanert's Caligula, with Ashley Holland, Michaela Schuster, Martin Wölfel, Gregory Frank, Jurgita Adamonyte and Hans-Jürgen Lazar, conducted by Markus Stenz.
- DR P2 - Handel's oratorio, Israel in Egypt, with Johanette Zomer, Cécile Kempenaers, Robin Blaze, Alex Potter, James Gillchrist and Yoshita Ogasawara, conducted by Marcus Creed.
- Espace Musiques - Through the month of October, they will be airing a repeat broadcast of the Canadian Opera Ring Cycle, starting today with Das Rheingold, with Richard Paul Fink, John Fanning, Judit Nemeth, Julie Makerov, Robert Pomakov, Phillips Ens, Thomas Rolf Truhitte, Julian Tovey, Richard Berkeley-Steele, Robert Kuenzli and Mette Ejsing, conducted by Richard Bradshaw.
- France Musiques - From Opera Bastille in Paris, Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor, with Natalie Dessay, Matthew Polenzani and Salvatore Cordella.
- KBYU & WQXR - In October, both stations will be rebroadcasting the Bayreuth Ring Cycle, starting this afternoon with Das Rheingold.
- Musiq3 and Radio 4 Netherlands - From the Mariinsky Theatre in St. Petersburg, Shostakovich's The Nose, with Vladislav Sulimsky, Edem Umerov, Tatiana Kravtsova, Andrei Popov, Mikhail Latyshev, Sergei Semishkur,Ilya Bannik, Gennady Bezzubenkov, Larisa Shevchenko and Tatiana Pavlovskaya, conducted by Valery Gergiev.
- RDP Antena 2 - A rebroadcast of Mozart's Idomeneo from the Salzburg Festival, with Jeffrey Francis, Magdalena Kozena, Robin Leggate, Ramón Vargas, Ekaterina Siurina and Anja Harteros, conducted by Roger Norrington.
- NPR World of Opera (on numerous stations) - From Washington National opera, Rossini's L'Italiana in Algeri, with Olga Borodina, Juan Diego Florez, Ildar Abdrazakov, Lyubov Petrova, Leslie Mutchler, Bruno de Simone and Valeriano Lanchas, conducted by Riccardo Frizza.