Coming Up This Saturday - Part 2
The bottom line on today's offerings - lots of rebroadcasts of operas from this past summer's Salzburg Festival, and several American stations starting a month of Wagner's Ring Cycle - all starting today with Das Rheingold.
- BBC Radio 3 - From Opera North, Verdi's Rigoletto, with Rafael Rojas, Alan Opie, Henriette, conducted Martin André.
- CBC Two - From the Salzburg Festival, a rebroadcast of Mozart's Le Nozze di Figaro, with Ildebrando d’Arcangelo, Bo Skovhus, Juliane Banse, Anna Netrebko and Christine Schäfer, conducted by Nikolaus Harnoncourt.
- KWAX - Is reairing the Metropolitan Opera's Council Audition Winners' Concert.
- NRK Alltid Klassisk & NRK P2 - From the Vienna State Opera, Verdi's I Vespri Siciliani, with Leo Nucci, Francisco Casanova and Sondra Radvanovsky, conducted by Fabio Luisi.
- Sveriges Radio P2 - Jan Sandström's God natt Madame!, with Olle Persson, Lisa Gustafsson, Paula Hoffman, Johan Christensson and Hans Erik Sundström, conducted by Petter Sundkvist.
- WRTI - From Bavarian State Opera, Bellini's Norma, with Edita Gruberova, Sonia Ganassi, Zoran Todorovich, Roberto Scandiuzzi, Cynthia Jansen and Markus Herzog, conducted by Friedrich Haider.
- Cesky Rozhlas 3-Vltava - From the Salzburg Festival, a rebroadcast of Lucio Silla, with Roberto Sacca, Annick Massisová, Monica Bacelli, Veronica Cangemi, Julia Kleiterová and Stefano Ferrari, and Lo sposo deluso, with Josef Wagner, Marisa Martins, Jeremy Ovenden, Matthias Klink and Silvia Moi. conducted by Thomas Leininger.
- DR Klassisk - From the Salzburg Festival, a rebroadcast of Mozart's Betulia liberata, with Rainer Trost, Marijana Mijanovic and Julia Kleiter, conducted by Christoph Poppen.
- Dwojke Polskie Radio - Puccini's Manon Lescaut, with Tatiana Anisimowa, Petro Pryimak, Dmytro Popov and Serhiy Mahera, conducted by Keri-Lynn Wilson.
- Espace 2 - From Geneva, Monteverdi's L'incoronazione di Poppea, with Martina Jankova, Marie-Claude Chappuis, Amel Brahim-Djelloul, Maya Boog, Kobie van Rensburg, Christophe Dumaux, Carlo Lepore, Sulie Girardi and Jean-Paul Fouchécourt, conducted by Attilio Cremonesi.
- Klara - Meyerbeer's Semiramide, with Aldo Caputo, Eufemia Tufano, Federico Sacchi, Stefania Grasso and Roberto De Biasio, conducted by Rani Calderon.
- Latvia Radio Klasika - Rossini's Adelaide di Borgogna, with Daniella Barcelona, Patricia Ciofi, Lorenzo Regazzo, conducted by Ricardo Frizza.
- NDR Kultur - A 1993 performance of Mozart's Le Nozze di Figaro, with Thomas Hampson, Charlotte Margiono, Barbara Bonney, Anton Scharinger, Petra Lang, Ann Murray, Kurt Moll, Philip Langridge, Christoph Späth, Isabel Rey and Kevin Langan, conducted by Nikolaus Harnoncourt.
- WOMR - Along with KBYU and WQXR, this station will be rebroadcasting the Bayreuth Ring Cycle through the month of October, starting this afternoon with Das Rheingold.
- Lyric FM - From Theatre du Chatelet, Paris, the first entry in yet another Ring Cycle, Das Rheingold, with Jukka Rasilainen, Sergei Leiferkus, Mihiko Fujimara and Camilla Nylund, conducted by Christoph Eschenbach.
And that's it for this Saturday