Alagna's Radames - Hear it for yourself....
With all the kerfuffle this week about Roberto Alagna's abrupt walkoff performance at La Scala just as he was finishing Celeste Aida in his second performance as Radames, we now have a chance to hear him in the Opening Night performance on Radio 4 Netherlands...and a chance to make up our own minds about his interpretation. Also of interest this afternoon, are a reairing of Wagner's Götterdämmerung from last summer at Bayreuth (listen for Hans-Peter König's Hagen), and a couple of offerings from last summer's Salzburg Festival, Ascanio in Alba and La Clemenza di Tito.
- Bayern 4 Klassik - A live performance from Münchner Nationaltheater of Massenet's Werther, with Marcelo Alvarez, Christopher Maltman, Kevin Conners, Franz-Josef Kapellmann, Sophie Koch and Adriana Kucerová, conducted by Daniel Oren (please note that this station's stream may timeout after approximately thirty-five minutes).
- Deutschlandradio Kultur - A November performance from Wiener Staatsoper of Bellini's La Sonnambula, with Anna Netrebko, Michele Pertusi, Janina Baechle and Antonino Siragusa, conducted by Pier Giorgio Morandi.
- DR P2 & Sveriges Radio P2 - A live performance of Mozart's Don Giovanni, with Johan Reuter, Christian Christiansen, Inger Dam-Jensen, Bo Kristian Jensen, Ylva Kihlberg, Johannes Weisser, Michael Lindberg and Elinor Fryklund, conducted by Adam Fischer.
- France Musique - A September performance from Opéra National de Lorraine of Zemlinsky's A Florentine Tragedy, with Diana Axentii, Chad Shelton and Vincent Le Texier, conducted by Kirill Karabits.
- Radio 4 Netherlands - The Opening Night performance from La Scala Milan of Verdi's Aida, with Roberto Alagna, Violeta Urmana, Irina Makarova and Vittorio Vitelli, conducted by Riccardo Chailly.
- NPR World of Opera (WVIK & YPR) - From Severance Hall in Clevelend, a concert performance of Schumann's Scenes from Faust, with Thomas Hampson, Julianne Banse, Alan Held, John Tessier, Lee Taylor, Natasha Uspensky, Katie Leemhuis, Katherine Lerner and Curtis Streetman, conducted by Franz Welser-Möst. WMUK carries last week's NPR offering, Verdi's Simon Boccanegra from the Vienna State opera, with Carlos Alvarez, Ferruccio Furlanetto, Ana Maria Martinez, Franck Ferrari and Stefano Secco, conducted by Sylvain Cambreling.
- Metropolitan Opera (on numerous stations)- A live performance of Verdi's Rigoletto, with Carlos Alvarez, Joseph Callejah (in his broadcast debut), Ekaterina Siurina, Robert Lloyd and Nancy Fabiola Herrera, conducted by Friedrich Haider.
- Radio Oesterreich International - A reairing of Wagner's Götterdämmerung from this past summer's Bayreuth Festival, with Stephen Gould, Alexander Marco-Buhrmester, Hans-Peter König, Andrew Shore, Linda Watson, Gabriele Fontana and Mihoko Fujimura, conducted by Christian Thielemann.
- Cesky Rozhlas 3-Vltava - A reairing of a performance from this past summer's Salzburg Festival of Mozart's Ascanio in Alba, with Iris Kupke, Sonina Prina, Marie-Belle Sandis, Charles Reid, Diana Damrau, Christian Banzhaf and Katharina Vötter, conducted by Adam Fischer.
- Klara - From the Marinsky Theatre in St. Petersburg, an August performance of Verdi's Falstaff, with Edem Umerov, Vasily Gerello, Tatiana Pavlovskaia, Olga Trifonova, Larisa Dyadkova, Anna Kiknadze, Andrei Ilyushnkov, Mikhail Petrenko, Vasily Gorshkov, and Nikolai Gassiev, conducted by Valery Gergiev.
- NDR Kultur -another performance from this year's Salzburg Festival, Mozart's La Clemenza di Tito, with Michael Schade, Dorothea Röschmann, Vesselina Kasárova, Malena Ernman, Veronica Cangemi and Luca Pisaroni, conducted by Nikolaus Harnoncourt.
- RBB Kultur - A 1985 performance of Schubert's Die Winterreise by Peter Schreier, with Sviatislav Richter on piano.
Labels: Saturday Operas