Saturday's Offerings - 1/20/07 - Part 1
Here is the first installment of today's listings:
- NDR Kultur - Just starting now, a live transmission from Staatsoper Hannover of Wagner's Tannhäuser with Albert Pesendorfer, Robert Künzli, Jin-Ho Yoo, Pedro Velázquez Diaz, Young Myoung Kwon, Hans Sojer, John In Eichen, Brigitte Hahn, Khatuna Mikaberidze and Hinako Yoshikawa, conducted by Wolfgang Bozic.
- DR P2 & DR Klassisk - A performance from Paris of Vivaldi's L'Olimpiade with Brian Asawa, Gemma Bertagnoli, Martin Oro, Barbara Di Castri, Anke Herrmann, Robert Ogden and Furio Zanasi, conducted by Alessandro de Marchi.
- France Musique - From Théâtre des Champs-Elysées in Paris, an October 2006 performance of Handel's Giulio Cesare with Andreas Scholl, Rosemary Joshua, Sonia Prina, Alice Coote, Franco Fagioli and Mario Cassi.
- Latvia Radio Klasika - an October 2006 performance of Beethoven's Symphony No.9 in D minor, 'Choral' 67' with Orla Boylan, Anna Burford, Stefan Margita, Neal Davies and the Hallé Choir, conducted by Mark Elder.
- Radio 4 Netherlands - From De Nederlandse Opera, a January 7th performance of Mozart's Don Giovanni with Pietro Spagnol, José Fardilha, Myrtò Papatanasiu, Charlotte Margiono and Mario Luperi, conducted by Ingo Metzmacher.
- WMUK (NPR World of Opera) - From the 2006 Salzburg Festival, Mozart's Lucio Silla, with Roberto Saccà, Annick Massis, Monica Bacelli, Veronica Cangemi, Stefano Ferrari and Julia Kleiter, conducted by Tomas Netopi.
- BBC Radio 3 - Has decided not to carry the Met's historic rebroadcast of the Callas Lucia, and instead offers a rare performance of Lully's Amadis, recorded live at the 2006 Vendee Festival in France, with Matthieu Heim, Camille Poul, François-Nicholas Geslot, Guillemette Laurens, Bertrand Chuberre, Françoise Masset, Céline Ricci, Florian Westphal and Matthieu Heim, conducted by Hugo Reyne.
- MDR Figaro - After a half-hour tribute to Renata Tebaldi in honor of her 85th birthday, a live performance from Neues Palais Potsdam Sanssouci of Galuppi's Le nozze di dorina, with Joseph Cornwell, Xenia Meijer, Maria Grazia Schiavo, Giulio Mastrototaro, Cecile de Boever, Matthias Vieweg and Hans Jörg Mammel, conducted by Sergio Azzolini.
Labels: Saturday Operas