La Boheme and a few others .... Saturday, February 3, 2007
Since the Met's La Boheme is so popular among the European stations, other live offerings are fairly sparse today. Here's the lineup:
- Deutschlandradio Kultur and MDR Figaro - From Chemnitz, Germany, Mascagni's Iris, with Svetlana Katchour, Francesco Anile, Hannu Niemelä, Susanne Thielemann and André Riemer, conducted by Niksa Bareza.
- France Musique - From Rome, Alfano's La Légende de Sakùntala, with Franchesca Patanè, David Rendall, Elena Cassian, Anna Rita Taliento and Orlin Anastassov, conducted by Gianluigi Gelmetti.
- WMUK (NPR World of Opera) - A rebroadcast of Mozart's Don Giovanni from the Vienna State Opera, with Thomas Hampson, Christine Schäfer, Ildebrando d'Arcangelo, Michaele Kaune, Piotr Beczala, Isabel Bayrakdarian, Luca Pisaroni and Robert Lloyd, conducted by Daniel Harding.
- Metropolitan Opera (numerous stations) - Puccini's La Boheme, with Cristina Gallardo-Domas, Ainhoa Arteta, Marcello Giordani, Dwayne Croft, Aaron St Clair Nicholson, John Relyea and Paul Plishka, conducted by Carlo Rizzi.
- NRK Alltid Klassisk and NRK P2 - From Lausanne, a May 2006 performance of Rota's Il cappello di paglia di Firenze, with Massimiliano Tonsini, Alessandro Svab, Anna Steiger, Delphine Gillot, Luciano di Pasquale, Isabelle Henriquez, Francis Didziak, Vincent Deliau, Thomas Morris and Ola Waridel, conducted by Nir Karbaretti.
- Radio Oesterreich International - A November 2006 performance from Volksoper Wien of Britten's A Midsummer Night's Dream, with Daniela Fally, David DQ Lee, Karl Markovics, Elisabeth Kulman, Adrineh Simonian, Ursula Pfitzner, Sebastian Holecek, Mathias Hausmann, Daniel Behle, Lars Woldt, Karl Huml, Wolfgang Gratschmaier, Adrian Cave, Josef Forstner and Markus Raab, conducted by Alfred Eschwé.
- WVIK (NPR World of Opera) - From Washington National Opera, Britten's Billy Budd, with Dwayne Croft, Samuel Ramey, Robin Leggate, John Hancock, Peter Volpe, Conal Coad, Steven Cole, John Marcus Bindel, Michael Chioldi, Bryan Jackson, Bruce Baumer, Jon Kolbet, Keith Phares, John McVeigh and Peter Joshua Burroughs, conducted by Richard Hickox.
- Radio Tre (RAI) - A November 2006 performance from Vienna of Adams' A Flowering Tree, with Eric Owens, Jessica Rivera and Russel Thomas, Joven Camerata de Venezuela and Schola Cantorum de Venezuela, conducted by John Adams.
Labels: Saturday Operas