Saturday highlights - Part 1
The dust has more or less settled from all our feverish activity in preparation for the Metropolitan Opera broadcast season. We have added a couple of new stations this week. So we are now back on the Blog...
This week the Met broadcast, starting at 1:00PM EST (note the early start time), is Gounod's Romeo et Juliette, with Anna Netrebko and Roberto Alagna. Other highlights for this Saturday include
- Deutschlandradio Kultur - Weill's Silbersee with Christiane Oelze, Thorsten Kerl, Hanna Schwarz, Burkard Ulrich and Stefan Rügamer; Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester Berlin, conducted by Ingo Metzmacher.
- Metropolitan Opera broadcast (on numerous stations) - Gounod's Romeo et Juliette, with Anna Netrebko, Roberto Alagna, Mark Heller, Nathan Gunn, Isabel Leonard, Jane Bunnell, Louis Otey, Tony Stevenson, David Won, Robert Lloyd, Charles Taylor and Dean Peterson, conducted by Placido Domingo.
- NDR Kultur - From Staatsoper Hannover, Verdi's Don Carlo, with Robert Chafin, Tobias Schabel, Brigitte Hahn, Khatuna Mikaberidze, Brian Davis, and Stefan Kocan, conducted by Wolfgang Bozic.
- NRK Allid Klassisk & NRK P2 - From last summer's Salzburg Festival, Berlioz's Benvenuto Cellini, with Neil Shicoff, Laurent Naouri, Brindley Sheratt, Mikhail Petrenko, Maija Kovalevska, Vesselina Kasarova, Xavier Mas, Roberto Tagliavini, and Adam Plachetka, conducted by Valerij Gergijev.
- Radio Oesterreich International - From Prague, an October 6th perfrromance of Smetana's Das Geheimnis ("The Kiss"), with Miloslav Podskalsky, Katerina Jalovcová, Maria Haan, Roman Janal, Tomas Cerny, Jiri Sulzenko, Jaroslav Brezina and Ivan Kusnjer, conducted by Zbynek Müller.
More to come in a few moments...
Labels: Saturday Operas