This week: More choice ... Less Met
With fewer stations joining the Met's bandwagon this week (for Verdi's Macbeth), there are more listening choices for us all. A couple of interesting looking Wagner offerings (including Pavlo Hunka's Alberich in Siegfried from Lyon - it's nice to see him back) . . . catch the wonderful Sophie Koch in Le Roi D'Ys from Toulouse . . . and here are the live offerings for today:
- Deutschlandradio Kultur - From Potsdam's Schlosstheater Neues Palais von Sanssouci, a live concert performance of Rossini's La scala di seta, with Christian Dietz, Raffaella Milanesi, Giorgia Milanesi, Daniele Zanfardino, Maurizio Leoni and Enrico Marabelli, conducted by Felice Venanzoni.
- Radio 4 Netherlands - From Vienna Staatsoper, Wagner's Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg, with Johan Botha, Ricarda Merbeth and Falk Struckmann, conducted by Christian Thielemann.
- Dwojke polskie Radio - From this past summer's Salzburg Festival, Cellini's Benvenuto Cellini, with Laurent Naouri, Brindley Sheratt, Michail Petrenko, Maija Kovalevska, Kate Aldrich, Xavier Mas, Roberto Tagliavini, Adam Plachetka, conducted by Valery Gergiev.
- France Musique - From Opéra de Lyon, an October perfromance of Wagner's Siegfried, with Stig Andersen, Robert Künzli, Matthew Best, Pavlo Hunka, Kurt Gysen, Mette Ejsing, Susan Bullock, Louise Fribo and George Molnar, conducted by Gérard Korsten.
- MDR Figaro - From Toulouse, an October performance of Lalo's Le Roi d’Ys, with Inva Mula, Sophie Koch, Charles Castronovo, Franck Ferrari, Eric Martin-Bonnet, André Heyboer and Paul Gay, conducted by Yves Abel.
- Metropolitan Opera (numerous stations) - Verdi's Macbeth, with Maria Guleghina,Zeljko Lucic (sunstituting for the originally scheduled Lado Ataneli), Dmitri Pittas, John Relyea, Russell Thomas, Elizabeth Blancke-Biggs, Keith Miller and James Courtney, conducted by James Levine. On Sunday (late Saturday night, very early Sunday morning here on the East Coast) ABC Classic FM (Australian Radio) and Concert FM (New Zealand) are now offering the complete Met season on a four week delay - this Sunday they are offering Gounod's Romeo at Juliette with Netrebko and Alagna.
- NRK Alltid Klassisk & NRK P2 - From Vienna Staatsoper, a rebroadcast of the April 1st performance of Donizetti's La Fille du régiment, with Natalie Dessay, Juan Diego Flórez, Carlos Alvarez, Montserrat Caballé, Janina Baechle, Clemens Unterreiner, Marcus Pelz, Carlo Chies, Wolfram Igor Derntl, conducted by Yves Abel.
- Sveriges Radio P2 - From the Fäviken operafestival, a July 2007 performance of Cimarosa's Den gifte stackaren (L'infedeltà fedele), with Sami Yousri, Patrik Landgren, Hillevi Berg Niska, Andrea Hagman, Miriam Ryen, Jakob Högström and Jon Nilsson, conducted by Per-Erik Öhrn.
- Cesky Rozhlas 3-Vltava - Legrenzi's Giustino, with Georg Nigl, Cornelia Ptassek, Elisabeth Kulman, Delphine Galou, Peter Kennel, Terry Wey, Hermann Oswald, Manfred Bittner), Thomas Stache and Marina Bartoli, conducted by Thomas Hengelbrock.
- Radio Tre (RAI) - From Turin, a live performance of Carter's What Next?, with Christine Buffle, Dean Elzinga, Sarah Leonard William Joyner and Hilary Summers, conducted by Peter Rundel.
Labels: Saturday Operas