Saturday offerings - 2/9/08
The Met is rebroadcasting a 1975 performance of Rossini's Siege of Corinth with Beverly Sills and Shirley Verrett. Two Wagner operas hold the boards: from France Musique, Tannhäuser, and from Radio Oesterreich International, Rienzi. From Covent Garden, La Traviata with Anna Netrebko and Jonas Kaufmann. From NRK P2, another chance to hear this past summer's Salzburg performance of Haydn's Armida. And more . . . .
- Deutschlandradio Kultur - From Opéra de Lyon, a December 7th performance of Offenbach's La Vie parisienne, with Marc Callahan, - Raoul de Gardefeu, Maria Riccarda Wesseling, Laurent Naouri, -Marie Devellereau, Jean-Paul Fouchécourt, Christophe Mortagne, Brigitte Hool and Claire Delgado-Boge, conducted by Sébastien Rouland.
- DR P2 & MDR Figaro - From Amsterdam, a January 19th performance of Rameau's Castor et Pollux, with Véronique Gens, Anna Maria Panzarella and Henk Neven, conducted by Christophe Rousset.
- France Musique - From Opéra Nationale de Paris-Bastille, a December 6th performance of Wagner's Tannhäuser, with Franz-Josef Selig, Stephen Gould, Matthias Goerne, Michael König, Ralf Lukas, Andreas Conrad, Wojtek Smilek, Eva Maria Westbroek and Béatrice Uria-Monzon, conducted by Seiji Ozawa.
- Radio 4 Netherlands - From the Nationale Reisopera, a January 19th performance of Hamel's Snow White, with Rebecca von Lipinski, Michael Kraus and Frances Bourne, conducted by Ed Spanjaard.
- Dwojke Polskie Radio - From Vienna, a February 6th performance of Mozart's Cosi fan tutte, with Barbara Frittoli, Angelika Kirchschlager, Ildebrando D'Arcangelo, Francesco Meli, Laura Tatulescu and Natale De Carolis, conducted by Riccardo Muti.
- BBC Radio 3 - From the Royal Opera House Covent Garden, a performance of Verdi's La Traviata, with Anna Netrebko, Monika-Evelin Liiv, Kostas Smoriginas, Eddie Wade Mark Beesley, Ji-Min Park, Jonas Kaufmann, Neil Gillespie, Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Charbel Mattar and Jonathan Coad , conducted by Maurizio Benini.
- Cesky Rozhlas 3-Vltava - From Lisbon an April 4th performance of Vivaldi's Montezuma, with Vito Priante, Mary-Ellen Nesi, Laura Cherici, Maite Beaumont, Theodora Baka and Gemma Bertagnolli, conducted by Alan Curtis.
- Metropolitan Opera (numerous stations) - From April 19, 1975, an archival broadcast of Rossini's L'Assedio de Corinthe, with Beverly Sills, Justino Diaz, Shirley Verrett, Harry Theyard, Richard Gill, Betsy Norden, Arthur Thompson and Richard Best, conducted by Thomas Schippers.
- NRK P2 - From this past summer's Salzburg Festival, Haydn's Armida, with Annette Dasch, Michael Schade, Mojca Erdmann, Vito Priante, Richard Croft and Bernard Richter, . conducted by Ivor Bolton.
- Radio Oesterreich International - From Leipzig, a November 24th performance of Wagner's Rienzi, with Stefan Vinke, Marika Schönberg, Pavel Kudinov, Elena Zhidkova, Jürgen Kurth, Christopher Robertson and Gabriela Scherer, conducted by Axel Kober.
- Klara - From Copenhagen, Verdi's Don Carlos, with Stephen Milling, Irene Theorin, Nikolai Shukoff, Randi Stene, John Lundgren, Ernst Dalsgaard, Sten Byriel, Ellen Kristiansen, Mariann Amdisen, conducted by Michael Schønwandt.
- Latvia Radio Klasika - Verdi's Nabucco, with Maria Guleghina and Paolo Gavanelli, conducted by Paolo Karinjani.
- Radio Tre (RAI) - From Teatro Carlo Felice in Genoa, a performance of Strauss' Der Rosenkavalier, with Solveig Kringelborn , Günther Missenhardt, Kristine Jepson, Enrico Marrucci, Patrizia Ciofi, Ornella Vecchierelli, Oliver Ringelhan, Annette Jahns, Ricardo Bernal, conducted by Fabio Luisi.
Labels: Saturday Operas