Today's offerings - 2/16/08
From Covent Garden, Paolo Gavanelli as Dr. Dulcamara . . . From the Met, Karita Mattila as Manon Lescaut . . . From Amsterdam, Lawrence Zazzo in Giulio Cesare . . . From Barcelona, a new opera, Amargós's El saló d'Anubis, conducted by the composer . . . some confusion from RAI (tune in to find out whether they are airing La Rondine or Carmen) . . . and more:
- Dwojke Polskie Radio - From Leipzig, a November 24th performance of Wagner's Rienzi, with Stefan Vinke, Marika Schönberg, Pavel Kudinov, Elena Zhidkova, Jürgen Kurth – bas, Christopher Robertson, Martin Petzold, Thomas Oertel-Gormanns and Gabriela Scherer, conducted by Axel Kober.
- Deutschlandradio Kultur - From the Royal Opera House Covent Garden, a December 1st performance of Donizetti's L'elisir d'amore, with Stefano Secco, Alexandra Kurzak, Ludovic Tézier, Paolo Gavanelli and Kishani Jayasinghe, conducted by Mikko Franck.
- Metropolitan Opera (numerous stations) - Puccini's Manon Lescaut, with Karita Mattila, Marcello Giordani, Dwayne Croft and Dale Travis, conducted by James Levine.
- Radio 4 Netherlands - From Amsterdam, Handel's Giulio Cesare, with Lawrence Zazzo, Christianne Stotijn and Sandrine Piau, conducted by René Jacobs.
- Sveriges Radio P2 - From Stockholm, Verdi's Falstaff, with Carl-Johan Falkman, Hillevi Martinpelto, Anders Larsson, Ofelia Sala, Klas Hedlund, Ingrid Tobiasso Susann Végh, Magnus Kyhle, Ulrik Qvale and Lennart Forssén, conducted by Pier Giorgio Morandi.
- Catalunya Musica - From Barcelona, a October 27th performance of Amargós's El saló d'Anubis, with Mónica Luezas, Marc Canturri, Toni Comas, Marta Valero and Toni Rumbau, conducted by Joan Albert Amargós.
- Cesky Rozhlas 3-Vltava - From La Scala, a rebroadcast of Verdi's La Traviata, with Angela Gheorghiu, Ramón Vargas, Roberto Frontali, Natascha Petrinsky, Tiziana Tramonti, Enrico Cossutta, Alessandro Paliaga, Luigi Roni and Nicola Pamio, conducted by Lorin Maazel.
- Klara - From Vlaamse opera, the world premiere of Van Hove's La Strada recorded on February 9th, with Jeanette Fischer, Richard Salter, Yves Saelens and Mireille Capelle, conducted by Koen Kessels.
- Radio Tre (RAI) - EITHER, From Rome, a March 7, 2005 performance of Bizet's Carmen, with Julia Gertseva, Marcus Haddock, Norah Amsellem, Gregg Baker, Nicolas Testè,Camille Reno,Georges Gautier,Kevin Greenlaw, Carla Di Censo, Eliseda Dumitru, conducted by Georges Prêtre OR, from Venice, Puccini's La Rondine, with Fiorenza Cedolins, Arturo Chacón-Cruz, Sandra Pastrana, Mark Milhofer and Stefano Antonucci, conducted by Carlo Rizzi.
Labels: Saturday Operas