Saturday, April 19, 2008 -- A
Starting off the afternoon at 1:00PM:
- DEUTSCHLANDRADIO KULTUR - Stravinsky's Rake's Progress, with Laura Claycomb, Toby Spence, Laurent Naouri and Jane Henschel, conducted by Edward Gardner.
- Metropolitan Opera (numerous stations) - Starting at 1:30PM, a broadcast of Glass's Satyagraha, with Richard Croft and Rachelle Durkin, conducted by Dante Anzolini.
- CATALUNYA MÚSICA - At 2:00PM, a double bill of Bartok's Bluebeard's Castle and Janacek's Diary, with Willard White, Katarina Dalayman, Michael König, Marisa Martins, Assumpta Mateu and Beatriz Jiménez, under the baton of Josep Pons.
- ESPACE 2 - Richard Troxell stars in Hérold's Zampa, conducted by William Christie.
- FRANCE MUSIQUE - Simon Keenlyside stars in Berg's Wozzeck, with Angela Denoke and Jon Villars, conducted by Sylvain Cambreling.
- KLARA - Paolo Gavanelli stars in Verdi's Nabucco, with Maria Guleghina, conducted by Paolo Carignani.
- RADIO STEPHANSDOM - Tune in for arguably the finest uncut "live" Tristan und Isolde extant, a rare occasion at the 1952 Bayreuth Festival with both Ramon Vinay and Martha Mödl in easy opulent voice, conducted by a youthful and more energized Herbert von Karajan than many of us know, newly restored on the ORFEO label.