Live offerings - Saturday, June 14, 2008 - Part II
To continue with programs brginning at GMT 1730/EDT 1:30PM and later .... still more live offerings, several of surpassing interest:
- BBC Radio 3 - From English National Opera, Strauss' Der Rosenkavalier, with Janice Watson, Sarah Connolly, John Tomlinson, Sarah Tynan, Andrew Shore, adeleine Shaw, Stuart Kale, Janice Cairns, Barry Banks, Nicholas Folwell and James Gower, conducted by Edward Gardner (it's not clear whether this will be sing in German or English).
- Espace Musique - Roussel's Padmâvati, with Sylvie Brunet, Finnur Bjarnasson, Alain Fondary, Yann Beuron, Laurent Alvaro, François Piolino, Blandine Folio Peres and Alain Gabriel, conducted by Lawrence Foster.
- France Musique - From the théâtre des Champs-Elysées in Paris, a March 19th concert performance of Hande;'s Orlando, with Christophe Dumaux, Elena de la Merced, Jean-Michel Fumas, Rachel Nicholls, Alain Buet, conducted by Jean-Claude Malgoire.
- NPR World of Opera - From Houston Grand Opera, the World premiere production of Daniel Catan's Salsipuedes, a Tale of Love, War and Anchovies, with Ana Maria Martinez, Zheng Cao, Chad Shelton, Scott Hendricks, James Maddalena, Oren Gradus, Nicholas Phan, Laquita Mitchell, Heidi Stober, Joseph Evans and Pablo Bracho, conducted by Guido Maria Guida.
- MDR Figaro - From Weimar, a July 9, 2007 performance of Liszt's Die Legende von der Heiligen Elisabeth, with Renatus Mészár, Dagmar Pecková, Mario Hoff, Melanie Diener, Alexander Günther, Dennis Palsa, and Klara Fröhlich, conducted by Carl St. Clair.
- NRK Klassik & NRK P2 - Yet another chance to hear the performance of Verdi's La Traviata from Vienna State Opera, with Krassimira Stoyanova, Sophie Marilley, Waltraud Winsauer, Piotr Beczala, Zeljko Lucic, Gergely Nemeti, Marcus Pelz, Eijiro Kai, Dan Paul Dumitrescu, and Wolfram Igor Derntl, conducted by Renato Palumbo.
- Radio Osterreich International - A February 23rd performance of Rossini's La Cenerentola, with Vivica Genaux, Maxim Mironov , Fabio Maria Capitanucci, Bruno de Simone, Raffaella Milanesi, Giorgia Milanesi and Giovanni Furlanetto, conducted by Giuliano Carella.
- Sveriges Radio P2 - From Leipzig, a February 24th performance of Wagner's Rienzi, with Stefan Winke, Marika Schönberg, Pavel Kudinov, Elena Zhidkova, Jürgen Kurth and Christopher Robertson, conducted by Axel Kober.
- Espace 2 - From Opéra Royal de Wallonie, a performance from early June of Donizetti's Maria Stuarda, with Patrizia Ciofi, Marianna Pizzolato, Danilo Formaggia, Diana Axentii, Federico Sacchi and Mario Sacchi, conducted by Luciano Acoccella.
And that's the remaining live offerings for this afternoon...
Labels: Saturday Operas