Saturday,. July 5
I hope all our American friends had a glorious Fourth of July. We sloughed off a bit, but are working hard to get everything posted in time for all this weekend's broadcasts. Here's a "quick and dirty" look at the live offerings starting at 1:00PM EDT this afternoon:
- CBC Two - From Rome, Rossini's Guillaume Tell, with John Osborn, Michele Pertusi, Alex Esposito, Norah Amsellem, Frédéric Caton, Darren Jeffrey, Vincent Ordonneau, Jérôme Varnier, Laura Polverelli and Ellie Dehn, soprano, Antonio Pappano conducting.
- Cesky Rozlhas 3-Vltava - From Prague, Dvorak's Dimitri, with Leo Marian Vodicka, Drahomíra Drobková, Magdaléna Hajóssyová, Lívia Ághová, Peter Mikuláš, Ivan Kusnjer, Ludek Vele, dene(k Harvánek and Pavel Haderer, conducted by Gerd Albrecht.
- DR P2 - A May, 2005 performance of Wagner's Siegfried, with Stig Fogh Andersen, James Johnson, Susanne Resmark and Sten Byriel, conducted by Michael Schønwandt.
- KBPS - The Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions final concert.
- RTP Antena 2 - From Teatro da Zarzuela, Madrid in October 2006, a gala concert celebrating 150 Years of Teatro da Zarzuela, with Milagros Martín, Verónica Villarroel, Ana Maria Sánchez, Maria José Montiel, Isabel Rey, Maria Bayo, Lola Casariego, Luis Dámaso, António Gandia, Guillermo Orozco, José Bros, Luis Alvarez, Marco Moncloa, Juan Pons, José Julián Frontal, Manuel Lanza and Carlos Chausson, conducted by Miguel Roa.
- WETA - From Washington National Opera, Saint-Saens' Samson and Delilah, with Olga Borodina, Karl Tanner, Alan Held and Kyle Ketelson, conducted by Giovanni Reggioli.
- WFMT Opera Series (numerous stations) - From Los Angeles opera, Beethoven's Fidelio, with Anja Kampe, Klaus Florian Vogt, Eike Wilm Schulte, Matti Salminen, Oleg Bryjak, Rebekah Camm, Greg Fedderly, Robert MacNeil and James Creswell, conducted by James Conlon.
- WQXR - a rebroadcast of Janet Baker's historic farewell appearance at Catnegie Hall in Gluck's Orfeo et Eurydice,
- XLNC1 - A rebroadcast of the WFMT Opera Series performance of Verdi's Falstaff, from Chicago Lyric Opera, with Andrew Shore, Veronica Villarroel, Boaz Daniel, Meredith Arwady, Elizabeth De Shong, Stacey Tappan, Bryan Griffin, David Cangelosi, Rodell Rosel and Andrew Funk, conducted by Sir Andrew Davis.
More to come....