Saturday, September 27, 2009 - Live Offerings
Another chance to catch the historic Met broadcast of I Puritani with Sutherland, Pavarotti and Milnes . . . a promising looking Pelleas et Melisande from the Canadian Opera Company . . . Tristan und Isolde from Bayreuth . . . more Wagner from San Francisco Opera: Das Rheingold with Mark Delavan as Wotan . . . Yet another chance to catch the June performance of Capriccio with Fleming and Skhovus. Here's the full live lineup for this afternoon and evening:
- BBC Radio 3 - From the Edinburgh International Festival, a performance of Szymanowski's King Roger, with Andrzej Dobber, Elzbieta Szmytka, Sergei Semishkur, Pavlo Tolstoy, Yury Vorobiev and Lyubov Sokolova, conducted by Valery Gergiev.
- CBC Two - the Operalia Competition.
- DeutschlandRadio Kultur - From the Schlosstheater Rheinsberg, Boieldieu's La dame blanche, with Dionisos Tsantinis, Paola Leggeri, Amar Muchhala, Christopher O'Connor, Mara Mastalir, Anne Catherine Wagner and Matthias Hinz, conducted by Gernot Schulz.
- DR P2, Radio Oesterreich International, Sveriges Radio P2 - From the Staatsoper, Vienna, Verdi's Simon Boccanegra, with Leo Nucci, Roxana Briban, Giacomo Prestia and Roberto Aronica, conducted by Yves Abel.
- Espace Musique - From Canadian Opera Company, Debussy's Pelléas et Mélisande, with Isabel Bayrakdarian, Russell Braun, Pavlo Hunka, Richard Wiegold, Barbra Dever and Alain Coulombe, conducted by Jan Latham-Koenig.
- France Musique - From l'Opéra de Lyon, a March 4th performance of Eötvös' Lady Sarashina, with Mireille Delunsch, Ilse Eerens, Peter Bording and Salomé Kammer, conducted by Peter Eötvös.
- Radio 4 Netherlands - From Schouwburg Orpheus in Apeldoorn, a September 13th performance of Puccini's Madama Butterfly, with Ai-Lan Zhu, Paul Charles Clarke, Michael Kraus, Ethna Robinson and Marjolein Niels, conducted by Alexander Polianichko.
- Radio Clasica de Espana - From Vienna State Opera, a June 7th performance of Strauss' Capriccio, with Renee Fleming, Bo Skhovus, Michael Shade and Franz Hawlata, conducted by Philippe Jordan.
- WFMT Opera Series (on numerous stations) - From San Francisco Opera, Wagner's Das Rheingold, with Mark Delavan, Stefan Margita, Richard Paul Fink, Jennifer Larmore, Jill Grove, David Cangelosi, Fasolt Andrea Silvestrelli and Günther Groissböck, conducted by Donald Runnicles.
- XLNC1 - On a one-week delay, the WFMT Opera Series program from last week - San Francisco Opera's performance of Glass' Appomattox, with Dwayne Croft, Andrew Shore, Rhoslyn Jones, Eliza van den Heever, Heidi Melton, Kendall Gladen, Noah Stewart, Jeremy Galyon, Chad Shelton, Ji Young Yang and Philip Skinner, conducted by Dennis Russell Davies.
- Bartok Radio - From Budapest, Wagner's Der Rheingold, with Alan Titus, Oskar Hillebrandt, Fekete Attila, Christian Franz, Németh Judit, Herczenik Anna, Walter Fink, Korondi Anna, Gémes Katalin, and Gál Erika, conducted by Ádám Fischer.
- Cesky Rozhlas 3-Vltava - Dvorak's Armida, with Ladislav Mráz, Milada Šubrtovám, Zdene(k Otava, Karel Berman, Ivo Žídek, Antonín Votava, Jaroslav Horác(ek, Jir(í Joran, Antonín Zlesák, Bohumír Vích, Jindr(ich Jindrák, Jir(í Bar and Stanislava Souc(ková, conducted by Václav Jirác(ek.
- NPR World of Opera - From Teatro Lirico, Cagliari, a performance of Rimsky-Korsakov's The Legend of the Invisible City of Kitezh, with Tatiana Monogarova, Vitaly Panfilov, Vsevolodovic Kazakov, Mikhail Bubsky, Gevorg Hakovyan, Marika Gulordava, Stefano Consolini, Alessandro Senes, Rosanna Savoia and Elena Manistina, conducted by Alexander Vidernikov.
- NRK Klassisk & NRK P2 - An historic Metropolitan Opera broadcast from March 13, 1976, of Bellini's I Puritani, with Joan Sutherland, Luciano Pavarotti and Sherrill Milnes, conducted by Richard Bonynge.
- Radio Slovenia Tretji - From this summer's Bayreuth Festival, Wagner's Tristan und Isolde, with Robert Dean Smith, Robert Holl, Iréne Theorin, Jukka Rasilainen, Ralf Lukas, Michelle Breedt, Clemens Bieber, Arnold Bezuyen and Martin Snell, conducted by Peter Schneider.
- Klara - From the Orange Festival, Bizet's Carmen, with Béatrice Uria Monzon, Ermonela Jaho, Magali de Prelle, Karine Deshayes, Marcelo Alvarez, Angel Odena, François Harismendy, Olivier Grand, Florian Laconi and Olivier Heyte, conducted by Michel Plasson.
- Latvia Radio Klasika - From Opera Garnier in Paris, Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress, with Laura Claycomb and Toby Spence, conducted by Edward Gardner.
- WQED - From the CAPA Theater in Pittsburgh, Jonathan Dove's Flight, featuring contralto Myrna Paris.
- Lyric FM - An RTE/Opera Ireland production of Balfe's comic bel canto opera Falstaff given on Thursday in the National Concert Hall.
- Radio Tre (RAI) - An historic broadcast from Naples on October 21, 1974, of Paisiello's Il Barbiere di Siviglia, with Renzo Casellato, Renato Cesari, Rosetta Pizzo, Enrico Fissore, Agostino Ferrin, Franco Calabrese, Antonio Savastano, Saverio Porzano and Leonardo Monreale, conducted by Zdenek Macal.
- WDAV - From last week's NPR World of Opera, Massenet's Werther from Teatro Carlo Felice, Genoa, with Sonia Ganassi, Adriana Kucerova, Giorgio Caoduro, Gianfranco Montrosor, Enzo Peroni and Vittorio Prato, conducted by Alain Guingal.
Happy listening . . . .