Live Offerings for Saturday, October 3, 2008
More live offerings for today:
- Radio Slovenia Tretji - From this summer's Bayreuth Festival, Wagner's Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg, with Franz Hawlata, Artur Korn, Charles Reid, Rainer Zaun, Michael Volle, Andreas Macco, Diógenes Randes, Klaus Florian Vogt, Norbert Ernst, Michaela Kaune, Carola Guber and Friedemann Röhlig, conducted by Sebastian Weigle.
- NPR World of Opera - From Washington National opera, Puccini's Madama Butterfly, with Xiu Wei Sun, Arturo Chacon-Cruz, Elizabeth Batton, Luca Salsi, Anthony Laciura, Oben Urena, Robert Cantrell, Elizabeth Roberts and James Shaffran, conducted by Placido Domingo.
- Cesky Rozhlas 3-Vltava - From Opéra Royal de Wallonie in Liége, Donizetti's Maria Stuarda, with Patrizia Ciofi, Marianna Pizzolato, Diana Axentii, Danilo Formaggio, Federico Sacchi and Mario Cassi, conducted by Luciano Acocella.
- Espace 2 - A historic broadcast from the Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's Tosca, with Renata Tebaldi, Richard Tucker, Leonard Warren, Clifford Harvuot, Fernando Corena, Alessio De Paolis, George Cehanovsky, Clavin Marsh and Peter Mark, conducted by Dimitri Mitropoulos.
- Klara - Debussy's Pelléas et Mélisande, with Stéphane Degout, Sandrine Piau, Dietrich Henschel, Marie-Nicole Lemieux, Alain Vernhes, Jean Teitgen, Nabil Suliman and Valérie Gabail, conducted by Mark Wigglesworth.
- Latvia Radio Klasika - Strauss' Ariadne auf Naxos, with Deborah Polaski and Julia Juon, Williard White, conducted by Sylvain Camberling.
- Radio Tre (RAI) - We're still not really sure what they are airing today, but it's one of the following: EITHER BIENNALE MUSICA, direct from Teatro Fenice in Florence, OR from La Scala in Milan, a July 12th performance of Puccini;s La Boheme, with Svetla Vassileva, Nino Machaidze, Fabio Sartori, Luca Salsi, Massimo Cavalletti, Giorgio Giuseppini, Ramtin Ghazavi, Domenico Colaianni, Matteo Peirone, conductde by Gusatavo Dudamel.
- WQED - From Pittsburgh Opera, Verdi's Aida, with Eszter Sümegi in the title role, with mezzo-soprano -- either Marianne Cornetti or Jane Dutton or Stephanie Blythe -- and Ukranian tenor Vladimir Kuzmenko. Music Director Antony Walker conducts.
- Lyric FM - at a later start time, the Ring cycle from Budapest: Das Rheingold, with Stig Anderson, Evelyn Herlitzius and Susan Bullock, conducted by Adam Fischer.
- WDAV - Last week's NPR World of Opera: Rimsky-Korsakov's The Legend of the Invisible City of Kitezh, with Tatiana Monogarova, Vitaly Panfilov, Vsevolodovic Kazakov, Mikhail Bubsky, Gevorg Hakovyan, Marika Gulordava, Stefano Consolini, Alessandro Senes, Rosanna Savoia and Elena Manistina, conducted by Alexander Vidernikov.