Live Offerings - Saturday, November 1, 2008 - PART I
Some Wagner this week - Rienzi and Flying Dutchman .... another chance to hear the houston Grand Opera performance of Daughter of the Regiment with Laura Claycomb, Barry Banks and Ewa Podles .... a double bill from Glyndebourne od Rameau's Pygmalion and MOnteverdi's L'Incoronazione de Poppea .... Madama Butterfly from Utahy opera .... and more:
- Espace Musique - From this past summer's Glyndebourne season, a double bill: Rameau's Pygmalion, with Suzie Leblanc, Nathalie Paulin, Catherine Webster, Matthew White, Colin Balzer, Lawrence Wilford and Tyler Duncan, conducted by Alexander Weimann and Marc Destrubé; and Monteverdi's L'incoronazione di Poppea, with Sonya Yoncheva, Simona Mahai, Amy Freston, Christophe Dumaux, Alice Coote, Danielle de Niese, Wolfgang Ablinger-Sperrhacke and Tamara Mumford, conducted by Emmanuelle Haïm.
- LRT Klasika - Handel's Oratorio, Jephtha, with Atlieka K. van Rensburg, R. Džošua, Patricia Bardon and V. Piurfua, conducted by Rene Jacobs.
- CBC Two - From Leipzig, Wagner's Rienzi, with Stefan Vinke, Marika Schönberg, Pavel Kudinov, Elena Zhidkova, Jürgen Kurth, Christopher Robertson, Martin Petzold, Thomas Oertel-Gormanns and Gabriela Scherer, conducted by Axel Kober.
- KBYU - From Utah Opera, an October performance of Puccini's Madama Butterfly, with Barbara Shirvis, Scott Piper ann Andrew Oakden, conducted by Joseph Mechavich.
- WFMT Opera Series (on numerous stations) - From Houston Grand Opera, Mozart's The Abduction from the Seraglio, with Paul Groves, Osmin, Nicholas Phan, Richards Spuler, Pamela Armstrong or Tamara Wilson and Heidi Stober, conducted by William Lacey.
- WFMT & XLNC1 - (a week behind the rest of the WFMT pack) From Houston Grand Opera, Donizetti's The Daughter of the Regiment, with Liam Bonner, Ewa Podles, Cameron F. Schutza, Bruno Praticò, Laura Claycomb, Barry Banks, James J. Kee, Grant Loehnig, Ross Chitwood, and Diane Zola, conducted by Riccardo Frizza.
- NPR World of Opera - From Washington National Opera, Wagner's The Flying Dutchman, with Alan Held, Jennifer Wilson, Gidon Saks, Ian Storey, Janice Meyerson and Andreas Conrad, conducted by Heinz Fricke.
- Dwjke Polskie Radio - From Budapest, a May 20th performance of Beethoven's Fidelio, with Thomas Moser, Evelyn Herlitzius, Friedemann Kunder, Eszter Wierdl, Attila Fekete, Béla Perencz and Gábor Bretz, conducted by Adam Fischer.
- BBC Radio 3 - From the Vienna State Opera, a February 2008 performance of Mozart's Cosi fan tutte, with Barbara Frittoli, Angelika Kirchschlager, Ildebrando D'Arcangelo, Francesco Meli, Natale De Carolis and Laura Tatulescu, conducted by Riccardo Muti.
- Cesky Rozhlas 3-Vltava - From Geneva, a 2007 performance of Handel's Ariodante, with Antonio Abete, Patricia Petibon, Joyce DiDonato, Charles Workman, Sandrine Piau and Marie-Nicole Lemieux, conducted by Kenneth Montgomery.