Live Offerings - Saturday, November 1, 2008 - PART II
If you think that things from Europe seem to be starting a little earlier than usual, you're right. Europe came off Daylight Savings (Summer) Time last weekend. Tonight most of North America comes off Daylight Savings Time at 2:00AM local time. Wouldn't it be nice if the U.S. was on the same schedule as everybody else in the Northern Hemisphere?
And now, the rest of the live offerings for this afternoon:
- DR P2 - From Rome, an October 16th performance of Vivaldi's Orlando Furioso, with Romina Basso, Manuela Custer, Sylva Pozzer, Anna Rita Gemmabella, Jordi Domenech, David D. Q. Lee and Lorenzo Regazzo, conducted by Andrea Marcon.
- France Musique - From l'Opéra national de Lorraine in Nancy, France, an October 1st concert performance of Battistelli's Divorce à l'italienne, with Wolfgang Ablinger-Sperrhacke, Bruno Pratico, Jean Ségani, Peter Edelmann, Olivier Grand, Pascal Desaux, Theodora Gheoghiu, Bernhard Landauer, Xavier Szymczak, Benjamin Colin, Wenwei Zhang and Julien Véronèse, conducted by Daniel Kawka.
- Radio 4 Netherlands & Sveriges Radio P2 - From Washington National Opera, Handel's Tamerlano, with Placido Domingo, David Daniels, Sarah Coburn and Patricia Bardon, conducted by William Lacy.
- Radio Clasica de Espana - From the Hungarian State Opera in Budapest, Beethoven's Fidelio, with Thomas Moser and Evelyn Herlitzius, conducted by Adam Fischer.
- RTP Antena 2 - From Lisbon, a February 22nd perfromance of
- NRK Klassisk & NRK P2 - From the Vienna State Opera, a performance of Verdi's Simon Boccanegra, with Leo Nucci, Roxana Briban, Giacomo Prestia and Mario Malagnini, conducted by Yves Abel.
- Radio Oesterreich International - From Vienna, Mendelssohm's oratorio, Elias, with Malin Hartelius, Bernarda Fink, Johannes Chum, Thomas Quasthoff, conducted by Johannes Prinz.
- Radio Slovenia Tretji - From this past summer's bayreuth Festival, Wagner's Siegfried.
- Espace 2 - From Geneva, Berlioz's Damnation of Faust, with Paul Groves, Elina Garanca, Sir Willard White and René Schirrer, conducted by John Nelson.
- Klara - From London, a Proms performance of Monteverdi's L'Incoronazione de Poppea, with Danielle de Niese, Alice Coote, Iestyn Davies, Tamara Mumford, Marie Arnet, Paolo Battaglia, Amy Freston, Sonya Yoncheva, Simona Mihai, Wolfgang Ablinger-Sperrhacke and Dominique Visse, conducted by Emmanuelle Haïm.
- Latvia Klasika Radio - From Turin, an October 18th performance of Cherubini's Medea, with Anna Katerina Antonacci, Sara Mingardo and Giuseppe Filianoti, conducted by Evelino Pido.
- WDAV - NPR World of Opera: From Washington National Opera, Bolcom's A View from the Bridge, with Kim Josephson, Catherine Malfitano, Christine Brandes, Gregory Turay, Richard Bernstein, John Del Carlo, Kirc Eichelberger and Greg Warren, conducted by John DeMain.
Happy listening . . . .