Saturday, December 20, 2009 - Live Offerings --PART II
Further offerings for this afternoon:
- Radio 4 Netherlands - From English National Opera, a November 22nd performance of Bernstein's Candide, with Toby Spence, Alex Jenkins, Beverley Klein and Marnie Breckenridge, conducted by Rumon Gamba.
- NPR Worlf of Opera - From La Scala in Milan, the December 7 Opening Night performanc of Verdi's Don Carlos, with Ferruccio Furlanetto, Stuart Neill, Dalibor Jenis, Anatoly Kotscherga, Fiorenza Cedolins, Dolora Zajick and Diogenes Randes, conducted by Danielle Gatti.
- Lyric FM & Latvia Radio Klasika - a time delayed broadcast of Massenet's Thais, from the Metropolitan Opera in New York.
- Radio Oesterreich International - From Musiktheater Amsterdam, a June 7th performance of Massiaen's Saint Francois d'Assise, with Camilla Tilling, Rod Gilfry, Hubert Delamboye, Henk Neven, Rom Randle, Donald Kaasch, Armand Arapian, Jan Willem Baljet and André Morsch, conducted by Ingo Metzmacher.
- Cesky Rozhlas 3-Vltava - From Grand Théatre in Geneva, a performance of Janacek's The Excursions of Mr. Broucek, with Kim Begley, Gordon Gietz, Alexander Vassiliev, Eva Jenisová, Joanathan Veira, Tereza Merklová, Brigitta Svenden and Konrad Jarnot, conducted by Kirill Karabits.
- Klara - A Decmebr 11th performance of Dvorak's Rusalka, with Olga Guryakova, Burkhard Fritz, Stephanie Friede, Willard White, Doris Soffel, Julian Hubbard, Olesya Golovneva, YoungHee Kim, Nona Javakhidze and André Grégoire, conducted by Adam Fischer.
- Radio Tre (RAI) - From the Mariinsky Theater in St. Petersburg, a September 24th performance of Rimskij-Korsakov's Pskovitijanka, with Gennady Bezzubenkov, Nikolai Gassiev, Mikhail Vishniak and Irina Mataeva, conducted by Valeri Gergiev.
- NDR Kultur - From the Schleswig Holstein Musikfestival in Lübeck, an August 19th Opera Gala celebrating the 150th birthday of Puccini, featuring Nicole Cabell, Miroslav Dvorsky and Christopher Robinson singing arias and duets from Puccini operas.
- WCLV - From Severence Hall in Cleveland, Ohio, Part 1 of Handel's Messiah, with Twylas Robinson, Kelley O'Connor, Alek Shrader and Timothy Jones, conducted by Robert Porco.
Labels: Saturday Operas