Live Offerings - Saturday, February 14, 2009 - Part II
And now for the live offerings for this afternoon:
- DR P2 - From Teatro Carlo Felice in Genoa, a January 20th performance of Rossini's Il Turco in Italia, with Vincenzo Taormina, Antonella Nappa and Myrtò Papatanasiu, conducted by Jonathan Webb.
- HR2 Kultur - Live from the Stadtheater in Gießen, Haydn's Orlando Paladino, with Petra van der Mieden, Matthias Ludwig, Ralf Simon, John Carlo Pierce, Thomas Stückemann, Simone Schwark, August Schram, Henrietta Hugenholtz and Tomi Wendt, conducted by Carlos Spierer.
- Metropolitan Opera (on numerous stations) - Tchaikovsky's Eugen Onegin, with Karita Mattila, Thomas Hampson, Piotr Beczala, Ekaterina Semenchuk, James Morris, Wendy White, Barbara Dever, Tony Stevenson and Richard Bernstein, conducted by Jiri Belohlavek.
- Radio Clasica Espana - Live from Teatro Real in Madrid, a concert performance of Handel's Tolomeo, re di Egitto, with S. Prina, K. Gauvin, K. Ek, R. Basso, A. Foster-Williams, conducted by A. Curtis.
- NPR World of Opera - From Houston Grand Opera, Mussorgsky's Boris Godunov, with Samuel Ramey, Stefan Margita, Raymond Aceto, Joseph Evans, Robert Pomakov, Jon Kolbet, Taylor Rawley, Heidi Stober, Jennifer Root and Norman Reinhardt, conducted by Tugan Sokhiev.
- Radio Oesterreich International - If you missed the last week's Metropolitan Opera broadcast of Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor, catch it here this afternoon - with Anna Netrebko, Piotr Beczala, Mariusz Kwiecien, Ildar Abdrazakov, Colin Lee, Michaela Martens and Michael Myers, conducted by Marco Armiliato.
- Espace 2 - From Teatro Comunale in Bologna, a November 15th performance of Marschner's Der Vampyr, with Detlef Roth, Carmela Remigio, Roberto Tagliavini, Marianna Cappellani, Harry Peeters, John Osborn, Karl Heinz Macek, Donata D'Annunzio Lombardi, Paolo Cauteruccio, Adrian Sampetrean, Thomas Morris, Mario Bolognesi, Gabriele Ribis, Conald Coad and Monica Minarelli, conducted by Roberto Abbado.
- Klara - a rebroadcast of Bernstein's Candide, from English National Opera.
- Sveriges Radio P2 - From Viennas State Opera, a December 2008 performance of Verdi's Stiffelio, with José Cura, Hui He, Anthony Michaels-Moore, Gergely Nemeti, Alexandru Moisiuc, Benedikt Kobel and Elisabeth Marin, conducted by Michael Halász.
- Radio Tre (RAI) - From this past summer's Maggio Musicale Fiorentino, intermezzos from L'amico Fritz, Guglielmo Ratcliff, Cavalleria rusticana and Manon Lescaut, followed by Leoncavallo's Pagliacci, with Salvatore Licitra, Amarilli Nizza,
- Tonio/Taddeo, Seng-Hyoun Ko, Mark Milhofer, Luca Salsi, Luciano Roberti and Leonardo Melani, conducted by Patrick Fournillier.
- WDAV - NPR World of Opera on a one week delayed basis - From Parca delle Musica in Rome, Vivaldi's Orlando Furioso, with Romina Basso, Manuela Custer, Sylvia Pozzer, Anna Rita Gemmabella, Jordi Domenech, Xavier Sabata, Lorenzo Regazzo, conducted by Andrea Marcon.
- Concert FM (New Zealand)- From the Metropolitan Opera, Puccini's La Rondine, with Angela Gheorghiu, Roberto Alagne, Lisette Orapesa and Samuel Ramey conducted by Marco Armiliato.
- ABC Classic FM (Australia) - From the Metropolitan Opera, Gluck's Orfeo et Eurydice, with Stephanie Blythe, Danielle de Niese, and Heidi Grant Murphy, conducted by James Levine.