Live Offerings - Saturday, February 21, 2009 - Part I
A number of interesting offerings for this afternoon: Cavalli's Ercole amante from Amsterdam; The Metropolitan Opera's Adriana Lacouvreur with Placido Domingo and Maria Guleghina; from Paris Berlioz's Beatrice et Benedict with Joyce di Donato and Chalres Workman; from Madrid Un Ballo in Maschera with Marcelo Alvarez, Violeta Urmana, Ludovic Tézier and Elena Zaremba; repeats of the Met broadcasts of Rigoletto (don't miss Aleksandra Kurzak as Gilda!), Doctor Atomic and La Rondine. Here's the complete live lineup:
- Deautschlandkulter Radio & Klara - From Muziektheater Amsterdam, a January 24th performance of Cavalli's Ercole amante, with Luca Pisaroni, Veronica Cangemi, Anna Bonitatibus, Jeremy Ovenden, Anna Maria Panzarella, Marlin Miller, Umberto Chiummo, Wilke te Brummelstroete, Johannette Zomer, Mark Tucker and Tim Mead, conducted by Ivor Bolton.
- Metropolitan Opera (on numerous stations) - Cilea's Adriana Lecouvreur, with Maria Guleghina, Olga Borodina, Placido Domingo, Roberto Frontali, John del Carlo, Philip Cokorinos, Brian Frutiger, Jennifer Black, Reveka E Macrovitis and Bernard Fitch, conducted by Marco Armiliato.
- Radio Clasica de Espana - From Vienna State Opera, a November 29, 2008 performance of Wagner's Lohengrin, with R. D. (Lohengrin), C. Nylund (Elsa de Brabante), J. Bachle (Ortrud), F. Struckmann (Friedrich von Telramund), A. Anger (Rey Enrique el Pajarero), M. F. Larsen (El Heraldo real). Coro y Orq. de la Staatsoper de Viena. Dir.: L. Segerstam.
- KBIA2 - NPR World of Opera offers a performance of Mozart's La Clemenza di Tito from Washington National Opera, with Tatiana Pavlovskaya, Michael Schade, Marina Domashenko, Jossie Pérez, Hoo-Ryoung Hwang and Nikolai Didenko, conducted by Heinz Fricke.
- NRK Klassisk & NRK P2 - From Theatre du Chatelet in Paris, Berlioz's Beatrice et Benedict, with Christophe Fel, Nicolas Cavallier, Nathalie Manfrino, Jean-Francois Lapointe, Joyce di Donato, Charles Workman, Jean-Philippe Laffont and Elodie Mechain, conducted by Colin Davis.
- Espace 2 - From Teatro Real in Madrid, an October 4th performance of Verdi's Un Ballo in Maschera, with Marcelo Alvarez, Violeta Urmana, Ludovic Tézier, Elena Zaremba, Alessandra Marianelli, Borja Quiza, Miguel Sola and Scott Wilde, conducted by Jesus Lopez Cobos.
- Latvia Radio Klasika - Another chance to hear the Metropolitan Opera's January 10th broadcast of Puccini's La Rondine, with Angela Georgiu, Roberto Alanja, Lizette Oropesa and Samuel Ramey, conducted by Marko Armiliato.
- Radio Tre (RAI) - On Saturday and Sunday evening, hear a collection of live lieder recitals from RAI's broadcast vaults: On Saturday, catch a 1960 recital with Hermann Prey singing Beethoven's An die ferne Geliebte, a 1966 recital with Martti Talvela in Schubert's Winterreise and a 1952 recital with Kirsten Flagstad singing Wagner's Wesendonck Lieder; on Sunday, a 1955 recital with Anton Dermota singing Schumann's Dichterliebe, a 1964 recital with Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau singing Brahms's Die schöne Magelone, and a 1974 recital with Janet Baker singing Mahler's Kindertotenlieder.
- WDAV - NPR World of Opera - on a one-week delay - From Houston Grand Opera, a performance of Mussorgsky's Boris Godunov, with Samuel Ramey, Stefan Margita, Raymond Aceto, Joseph Evans, Robert Pomakov, Jon Kolbet, Taylor Rawley, Heidi Stober, Jennifer Root and Norman Reinhardt, conducted by Tugan Sokhiev.
- Concert FM (New Zealand) - From the Metropolitan oper, Adam's Doctor Atomic, with Sasha Cooke, Meredith Arwady, Gerald Finley, Richard Paul Fink and Eric Owens, conducted by Alan Gilbert.
- ABC CLassic FM (Australia) - From the Metropoltian Opera, Verdi's Rigoletto, with Giuseppe Filianoti, George Gaznidze(Met debut), Aleksandra Kurzak, Mikhail Petrenko, Victoria Vizin, Kathryn Day, Keith Miller, and Sebastian Catana, recorded by Riccardo Frizza.
Labels: Saturday Operas