Live Offerings - Saturday, March 14, 2009
The Metropolitan Opera's broadcast of Dvorak's Rusalka with Renée Fleming has attracted great attention from the European stations in the Met's network - as a consequence, there are fewer live offerings this afternoon than usual:
- Metropolitan Opera Broadcast (on numerous stations) - Dvorak's Rusalka, with Renée Fleming, Aleksander Antonenko, Stephanie Blythe, Kristinn Sigmundsson, Christine Goerke, James Courtney, Kate Lindsey, Kathleen Kim, Brenda Patterson and Edita Kulczak, conducted by Jiri Belohlavek.
- KBIA2 - NPR World of Opera: From Washington National Opera, Wagner's Das Rheingold with Robert Hale, Robin Leggate, Gordon Hawkins, Elizabeth Bishop, Jane Ohmes, Gary Rideout, Jeffrey Wells, John Marcus Brindel, Detlef Roth, Corey Evan Rotz, Frédérique Vézina, JiYoung Lee, Jennifer Hines and Elena Zaremba, conducted by Heinz Fricke.
- Catalunya Musica - From Gran Teatre del Liceu an October 22, 2008, performance of Verdi's Requiem, with Angela Brown, Hasmik Papian, Josep Bros, and René Pape (?), conducted by Enrique Mazzola.
- DeutschlandRadio Kultur - LIVE from Theater Bielefeld, Glinka's Ruslan und Ludmila, with Monte Jaffe, Victoria Granlund, Michail Bachtadze, Dshamilja Kaiser, Jacek Janiszewski, Sarah Kuffner, Luca Martin, Ljubka Nikolowa, Lassi Partanen and Ulrich Neuweiler, conducted by Leo Siberski.
- Dwojke Polskie Radio - From Parco Della Musica in Rzym, an October 16, 2008, performance of Vivaldi's Orlando Furioso, with Romina Basso, Manuela Custer, Sylva Pozzer, Anna Rita Gemmabella, Jordi Domenech, Xavier Sabata and Lorenzo Regazzo, conducted by Andrea Marcon.
- Espace 2 - From the Vienna State Opera, an October 11, 2008, performance of Gounod's Faust, with Roberto Alagna, Kwangchul Youn, Angela Gheorghiu, Adrian Eröd, Alexandru Moisiuc, Michaela Selinger and Janina Baechle, conducted by Bertrand de Billy.
- Klara - From Teatro Real in Madrid, an October 4, 2008, performance of Verdi's Un Ball in Maschera, with Marcelo Alvarez, Violeta Urmana, Ludovic Tézier, Elena Zaremba, Alessandra Marianelli, Borja Quiza, Miguel Sola, Scott Wilde, Orlando Niz and César San Martín, conducted by Jesús López-Cobos.
- Radio Tre (RAI) - On their late-night program, Esercisi de Memoria, which airs at Midnight European Time on Saturday and Sunday nights, from RAI's vaults come two Wagner broadcasts both conducted by Wolfgang Sawallisch: Saturday - a February 15, 1969 performance of Der Fliegende Holländer, with Karl Ridderbusch, Ingrid Bjöner, Sven Olaf Eliasson, Regine Fonseca, Thomas Lehrberger and Franz Crass; Sunday - an October 1, 1972 performance of Tannhäuser, with Manfred Schenk, René Kollo, Wolfgang Brendel, Karl Ernst Mercker, Jef Vermeersch, Martin Finke, Mario Chiappi, Gundula Janowitz, Mignon Dunn and Elke Schary.
- Concert FM (New Zealand) - From the Metropolitan Opera, Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor, with Anna Netrebko, Piotr Beczala, Mariusz Kwiecien, Ildar Abdrazakov, Colin Lee, Michaela Martens and Michael Myers, conducted by Marco Armiliato.
- ABC Classic FM (Autralia) - From the Metropolitan Opera, Cilea's Adriana Lecouvreur, with Maria Guleghina, Placido Domingo, John del Carlo and Olga Borodina, conducted by Marco Armiliato.
Happy listening . . . .