Live Offerings - Saturday, March 7, 2009
A reminder for everyone: Don't forget that tonight -- Saturday night/Sunday morning -- we put our clocks ahead one hour and Daylight Savings Time begins; you'll note our listings start using EDT after 2:00AM tonight.
It's not any old average Saturday afternoon when you can find two different performances of Handel's Partenope to listen to .... Everybody seemed to be talking about Giuseppe Filianoti's difficulties in the Met's run of Rigoletto, but why weren't they talking about Aleksandra Kurzak's delectable Gilda??? So hear it again this afternoon on Bayern 4 Klassisk .... Two stations are giving us all another chance to hear Joyce DiDonato in Berlioz's Beatrice et Benedict.
Here are the live offerings for this afternoon:
- Bayern 4 Klassisk - Another chance to hear the Metropolitan Opera broadcast of Verdi's Rigoletto, featuring Aleksandra Kurzak's Gilda, with colleagues George Gagnidze, Giuseppe Filianoti, George Gagnidze, Victoria Vizin and Mikhail Petrenko, conducted by Riccardo Frizza.
- Deutschlandradio Kultur & MDR Figaro - From Theater Gera, a March 6th performance of Haas's Scharlatan, with Andreas Scheibner, Franziska Rauch, Katrin Strocka, Kai Wefer, Peter-Paul Haller, Günter Markwarth, Johannes Weinhuber, Serge Novique, Bernhard Hänsch, David Ameln, Winfried Roscher, Roman Koshmanov, Andreas Veit and Konrad Zorn, conducted by Jens Troester.
- DR P2 - From the Vienna State Opera, a February 28 performance of Bizet's Carmen, with Vesselina Kasarova, José Cura, Ildebrando d'Arcangelo and Genia Kühmeier, conducted by Asher Fisch.
- Metropolitan Opera Broadcast (on numerous stations) - Puccini's Madama Butterfly, with Patricia Racette, Marcello Giordani, Duane Croft and Maria Zifchak, conducted by Patrick Summers.
- Radio 4 Netherlands - From Theater an der Wien in Vienna, a March 1st performance of Handel's Partenope, with Christine Schäfer, Kurt Streit, David Daniels, Patrica Bardon and Florian Boesch, conducted by Christophe Rousset.
- Radio Clasica de Espana & Klara - Another opportunity to hear a February 7th performance of Berlioz's Beatrice et Benedict from Théâtre des Champs-Elysées in Paris, with Joyce Di Donato and Charles Workman, conducted by Sir Colin Davis.
- Radio Oesterreich International - From the Vienna State Opera, a performance of Tchaikovsky's Eugen Onegin, with Tamar Iveri, Nadia Krasteva, Simon Keenlyside, Ramón Vargas and Ain Anger, conducted by Seiji Ozawa.
- KBIA2 - NPR World of Opera: From the Hungarian State Opera, a performance of Beethoven's Fidelio, with Tunde Szaboki, Thomas Moser, Friedemann Kunder, Zita Varadi, Attila Fekete, Bela Perencz and Gabor Brentz, conducted by Adam Fischer.
- Cesky Rozhlas 3-Vltava - From the Vienna State Opera, a performance of Richard Strauss's Capriccio, with Renée Fleming, Bo Skovhus, Michael Schade, Edian Eröd, Franz Hawlata, Angelika Kirchslager, Peter Jelosits, Jane Archibald, Cosmin Ifrim and Clemens Unterriener, conducted by Philippe Jordan.
- Espace 2 - From Netherlands Opera, a performance of Cavalli's Ercole amante, with Luca Pisaroni, Veronica Cangemi, Anna Bonitatibus, Jeremy Ovenden, Anna Maria Panzarella, Marlin Miller, Umberto Chiummo, Wilke te Brummelstroete, Johannette Zomer, Mark Tucker and Tim Mead, conducted by Ivor Bolton.
- Radio Tre (RAI) - From Teatro Comunale de Ferrara, a January 14th performance of Handel's Partenope, with Elena Monti, Ambra Mancuso, Sonia Prina, Valentina Varriale, Cyril Auvity, Gianpiero Ruggeri and Accademia Bizantina, conducted by Ottavio Dantone.
Labels: Saturday Operas