Live Offerings - Saturday, April 25, 2009 - Part II
Later in the day and into Sunday, a few interesting offerings. Radio Stephansdom offers a rare 1951 live Rheingold . . . Radio Tre (RAI) offers two early '70s live broadcasts of Mozart opera - on Saturday Idomeneo with the likes of Gedda and Norman, and on Sunday Bonisolli singing in La Clemenza di Tito . . . Rebroadcasts (from Down Under) of the Met's La Sonnambula and L'elisir d'amore. More live offerings starting layer on this afternoon and evening:
- Cesky Rozhlas 3-Vltava - From Teatro Regio in Turin, a 2008 performance of Cherubini's Medea, with Giuseppe Filianoti, Anna Caterina Antonacci, Sara Mingardo, Giovanni Battista Parodi, Cinzia Forte and Diego Matamoros, conducted by Evelino Pido.
- Espace 2 - From Vlaamse Opera, a February 13th performance of Tchaikovsky Mazeppa, with Nikolai Putilin, Mikhail Kit, Tatiana Pavlovskaya, Leandra Overmann, Viktor Lutsiuk, Milcho Borovinov, Vesselin Ivanov, Thorsten Büttner, Choeurs & Orchestre du Vlaamse Opera, Dmitri Jurowski.
- Klara - From de Munt, Donizetti's Lucia de Lammermoor, with Elena Mosuc, John Osborn, Angelo Veccia, Jean-François Borras, Giorgio Giuseppini, Catherine Keen andR Carlo Bosi, conducted by Julian Reynolds.
- Radio Stephansdom - a rare pirate recording of a 1951 Rheingold, with Heinz Rehfuss, Fridolin Mosbacher, Albert Kunz, Julius Pölzer, Alois Pernerstorfer, Julius Brombacher, Manfred Jungwirth, Siegfried Tappolet, Inge Borkh, Gerty Wiessner, Waltraut Demmer, Helga Kosta and Frieda Blatter, conducted by Otto Ackermann.
- WDAV - NPR World of Opera (one week delayed): From Houston Grand Opera, Donizetti's Don Pasquale, with John Del Carlo, Heidi Stober, Norman Reinhardt and Brian Leerhuber, conducted by Patrick Summers.
- Radio Tre (RAI) - in their overnight archival broadcast slot this weekend, two performances of Mozart operas: Idomeneo on Saturday and La Clemenza di Tito on Sunday. On Saturday evening, a February 6, 1971 performance of Idomeneo from Rome, with Nicolai Gedda, Jessye Norman, Heather Harper, Rae Woodland, Andrea Snarski, Antonio Liviero, Franco Pugliese. Due donne cretesi: Elvira Spica and Carla Virgili, conducted by Colin Davis. On Sunday, an October 31st, 1970 performance of La Clemenza di Tito from Rome, with Franco Bonisolli, Janet Coster, Beverly Wolff, Maria Casula, Mietta Sighele and Luigi Roni, conducted by Istvan Kerstez.
- Concert FM (New Zealand) - A rebroadcast of the Met's performance of Bellini's La Sonnambula, with Natalie Dessay, Juan Diego Flórez and Michele Pertusi, conducted by Evelino Pidò.
- ABC Classic FM (Australia) - A rebroadcast of the Met's performance of Donizetti's L'Elisir d'amore, with Massimo Giordano, Angela Gheorghiu, Franco Vassallo, Ying Huang and Simone Alaimo, conducted by Maurizio Benini.
Happy listening . . . .