Live Offerings - Saturday, June 13, 2009 - Part I
I'm getting a late start to the blog today, so this will be a quick and dirty survey of what's on offer for this afternoon:
- BBC Radio 3 - From the Royal Opera, Covent Garden, Strauss's Elektra, with Susan Bullock, Anne Schwanewilms, Jane Henschel, Johan Reuter, Miriam Murphy and Frank van Aken, conducted by MArk Elder.
- CBC Two - From Lyric Opera of Chicago, Massenet's Manon, with Natalie Dessay, Jonas Kaufmann, and Christopher Feigum, conducted by Emmanuel Villaume.
- Deutschlandradio Kultur - From Staatstheater am Gärtnerplatz in Munich, Gilbert and Sullican"s Pirates of Penzance, with Robert Sellier, Thérèse Wincent, Rita Kapfhammer, Frances Lucey, Sonja Leitwyler, Holger Ohlmann, Gunter Sonneson, Florian Soyka and Martin Hausberg, conducted by Anthony Bramall.
- Espace Musique - From Netherlands Opera, Haydn's Orlando Paladino, with Henriette Bonde-Hansen, Joan Martin-Royo, Marcel Reijans, Kenneth Tarver, Peter Gijsbertsen, Sharon Rostorf-Zamir, Jörg Schneider, Elena Monti, and Martijn Cornet, conducted by Alessandro De Marchi.
- Radio Clasica de Espana - From Vienna State Opera, a February 28 performance of Bizet's Carmen, with V. Kasarova, J. Cura, I. d’Arcangelo, G. Kühmeier, J. Monarcha, M. Pelz, I. Tonca, S. Marilley, C. Unterreiner and B. Kobel, conducted by A. Fisch.
- RTP Antena 2 - From Vienna State Opera, an October 18, 2004 performance of Verdi's Don Carlo, with Iano Tamar, Cornelia Salje, Inna Los, Nadja Michael, Ramón Vargas, Benedikt Kobel, Cosmin Ifrim, Bo Skovhus, Alastair Miles, Simon Yang, Dan Paul Dumitrescu and Johannes Gisser, conducted by Bertrand de Billy.
- WETA - From Theater an der Wien, Vienna, a performance of Handel's Partenope, with Christine Schaefer, Kurt Streit, David Daniels, Patricia Bardon, Florian Boesch and Matthias Rexroth, conducted by Christophe Rousset.
- WFMT Opera Series (on numerous stations) - From Lyric Opera of Chicago, Bizet's The Pearl Fishers, with Nicole Cabell, Nathan Gunn, Eric Cutler and Christian Van Horn, conducted by John Mauceri.
- XLNC1 - WFMT Opera Series on a one week delay - From Lyric Opera of Chicago, Gershwin's Porgy and Bess, with Gordon Hawkins, Morenike Fadayomi, Lester Lynch, Jonita Lattimore, Laquita Mitchell, Marietta Simpson, Jermaine Smith and Eric Green, conducted by Sir Andrew Davis.
- France Musique - From l'Opera de Lyon, a May 26 performance of Britten's Death in Venice, with Alan Oke, Peter Sidhom, Christopher Ainsli and, Damian Thantrey, conducted by Martyn Brabbins.
- NPR World of Opera - From Teatro dell'Opera, Rome, Gluck's Iphigenie en Aulide, with Krassimira Stoyanova, Alexey Tikhomirov, Avi Klemberg, Ekaterina Gubanova and Beatriz Diaz, conducted by Riccardo Muti.
- NRK Klassisk & NRK P2 - From Lyric Oper of Chicago, Berg's Lulu, with Marlis Petersen, Jill Grove, Wolfgang Schöne, and William Burden, conducted by Sir Andrew Davis.
- Radio Oesterreich International (OE1) - Haydn's L'isola disabitata, with Christiane Karg, Elisabeth von Magnus, Rainer Trost and Luca Pisaroni, conducted by Nikolaus Harnoncourt.
- Sveriges Radio P2 - From the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, a March 11, 2008 performance of Rossini's Matilde di Shabran, with Aleksandra Kurzak, Juan Diego Flórez, Vesselina Kasarova, Enklejda Shkosa, Alfonso Antoniozzi, Mark Beesley, Marco Vinco, Carlo Lepore and Bryan Secombe, conducted by Carlo Rizzi.
More to come....
Labels: Saturday Operas