Live Offerings - Saturday, June 6, 2009
A load of live performances today. Here's today's lineup:
- KUSC - From Los Angeles opera, Weill's Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny, with Patti Lupone, Anthony Dean Griffey and Audra McDonald, conducted by James Conlon.
- CBC Two & ABC Classic FM (Australia)- From Vienna State Opera, Bizet's Carmen, with Vesselina Kasarova, José Cura, Ildebrando d'Arcangelo, Genia Kühmeier, Janusz Monarcha, Marcus Pelz, Ileana Tonca, Sophie Marilley, Hacik Bayvertian, Clemens Unterreiner and Benedikt Kobel, conducted by Asher Fisch.
- Deutschlandradio Kultur & Klara - From the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, a May 1 performance of Bellini's I Capuleti e i Montecchi, with Dario Schmunck, Eric Owens, Alastair Miles, Elina Garanca and Anna Netrebko, conducted by Mark Elder.
- DR P2 & Radio Tre (RAI)- From La Scala in Milan, Britten's A Midsummer Night's Dream, with David Daniels, Rosemary Joshua, Emil Woilk and Daniel Okultich, conducted by Andrew Davis.
- Espace Musique - From Gradz, Austria, Haydn's Die Jahrzeiten (The Sseasons), with Genia Kühmeier, Werner Güra and Christian Gerhaher, conducted by Nikolaus Harnoncourt.
- NRK Klassisk , NRK P2 & Espace 2 - From Deutsche Oper, Berlin, Respighi's Marie Victoire, with Takesha Meshé, Markus Brück, German Villar, Jaco Huijpen, Jörn Schümann, Simon Pauly, Julia Benzinger, Gregory Warren, Nicole Piccolomini and Yosep Kang, conducted by Mikhail Jurowski.
- Radio Clasica de Espana - From the Stadthalle de Göttingen, An April 14 performance of Handel's Acis e Galatea (the Mendelssohn version), with J. Kleiter, C. Prégardien, W. M. Friedrich and M. Slattery), conducted by N. McGegan.
- RTP Antena 2 - From The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, a September 2005 performance of Donizetti's Dom Sebastian, with Vesselina Kasarova, Giuseppe Filianoti, John Upperton, Lee Hickenbotton, Martyn Hill, Alastair Miles, Simon Keenlyside, Andrew Slater, Nigel Cliffe, John Bernays, Carmelo Corrado Caruso and Robert Gleadow, conducted by Mark Elder.
- WETA - From Washington National Opera, Maw's Sophie's Choice, with Angelika Kirchschlager, Rod Gilfry, Gordon Gietz, Corey Evan Rotz, Clayton Brainerd, Erin Elizabeth Smith and Trevor Scheunemann, conducted by Marin Alsop.
- WFMT Opera Series (on numerous stations) - From Lyric Opera of Chicago, Gershwin's Porgy and Bess, with Morenike Fadayomi, Lester Lynch, Jonita Lattimore, Laquita Mitchell, Marietta Simpson, Jermaine Smith, Eric Green, David Darlow, Danny Goldring and Chuck Coyl, conducted by Sir Andrew Davis.
- Bartok Radio - From the Budapest Festival, a November 30, 2008 performance of Mozart's Cosi fan tutte, with Julianne Banse, Anke Vondung, Tassis Christoyannis, Topi Lehtipuu, Claire Ormshaw and William Shimell, conducted by Iván Fischer.
- BBC Radio 3 - From Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, Bellini's Romeo e Julietta, with Elina Garanca, Anna Netrebko, Dario Schmunck, Eric Owens and Giovanni Battista Parodi, conducted by Mark Elder.
- Cesky Rozhlas 3-Vltava - From Vienna State opera, a September 27, 2008 performance of Verdi's Simon Boccanegra, with Leo Nucci, Roxana Briban, Giacomo Prestia, Mario Malagnini, Dan Paul Dumitrescu, Florin Ormenisan and Donna Ellen, conducted by Yves Abel.
- Dwojke Polskie Radio - From Vienna, a May 5 performance of Mozart's Don Giovanni, with Ildebrando d’Arcangelo, Alexandru Moisiuc, Ricarda Merbeth, Michael Schade, Soile Isokoski, René Pape, Boaz Daniel and Michaela Seliger, conducted by Constantinos Carydis.
- France Musique - From Opéra de Lyon, a December 19, 2008 performance of Strauss's Die Fledermaus, with Nicola Beller Carbone, Olga Peretyatko, Stéphanie Houtzeel, Bernhard Berchtold, Otto Katzameier, Eberhard Francesco Lorenz, Andreas Macco and Timo Dierkes, conducted by Emmanuel Krivine.
- NPR World of Opera - From Washington National Opera, a double bill: Bartok's Bluebeard's Castle, with Samuel Ramey and Denyce Graves; and Puccini's Gianni Schicchi, with Samuel Ramey, Amanda Squitieri, Elizabeth Bishop, Antonio Gandia, Robert Baker, Christina Martos, Tony Teleky, Stefano de Peppo, Valeriano Lanchas, Trevor Scheunemann, Leslie Mutchler, Obed Urena, James Shaffran, David Morris and Matthew Osifchin, conducted by Giovanni Reggioli.
- Latvia Radio Klasika - From Vlaams Opera in Antwerp, a February 13 performance of Tchaikovsky's Mazeppa, with Nikolajs Putilin, Mikail Kit, Leandra Overmane, Tatjana Pavlovskaya, Milko Borovinov, conducted by Dmitri Jurowski.
- Radio Oesterreich International (OE1) - From Opéra Bastille Paris, a performance of Massenet's Werther recorded on March 6 and 12, with Rolando Villazon, Susan Graham, Ludovic Tézier, Alain Vernhes, Adriana Kucerova, Christian Jean, Christian Tréguier, Vincent Delhoume and Letitia Singleton, conducted by Kent Nagano.
- WDAV - NPR World of Opera (one week delayed) - From Houston Grand Opera, Puccini's Manon Lescaut, with Karita Mattila, Teddy Tahu Rhodes, Vladimir Galouzine, Dale Travis, Arturo Chacón-Cruz, Fiona Murphy and Jon Kolbet, conducted by Patrick Summers.
- Concert FM (New Zealand) - From Washington National Opera, Handel's Tamerlano, with David Daniels, Plácido Domingo, Sarah Coburn, Patricia Bardon, Claudia Huckle and Andrew Foster-Lawrence, conducted by William Lacey.
Happy listening . . . .
Labels: Saturday Operas