Live Offerings - Saturday, September 19, 2009
Lots of interesting performances from all over on offer today and this evening. Highlights include - Verdi's Macbeth from Edinburgh with the Lady Macbeth of Susan Neves; from Pesar, Rossini's Zelmira with Juan Diego Florez and Kate Aldrich; from Rome, Glück's Iphigénie en Aulide, with Krassimira Stoyanova; from Vienna, Strauss's Die schweigsame Frau with Diana Damrau. Here's the menu:
- BBC Radio 3 - From this summer's Edinburgh Festival, Verdi's Macbeth, with Lado Ataneli, Susan Neves, John Relyea, Vsevolod Grivnov, Katherine Broderick, Nicholas Phan, Vuyani Mlinde, Wade Kernot, Michael Yeoman and Niall Docherty, conducted by David Robertson.
- CBC Two & (much later) Concert FM - From the Vienna State Opera, a May 25 performance of Mozart's Don Giovanni, with Ildebrando d'Arcangelo, René Pape, Ricarda Merbeth, Michael Schade and Soile Isokoski, conducted by Constantinos Carydis.
- Deutschlandradio Kultur - From Studio Lukaskirche Dresden, an August performance of Offenbach's La Pericole, with Sabine Brohm, Ralf Simon, Gerd Wiemer, Bernd Könnes, Marcus Günzel, Jessica Glatte, Elke Kottmair, Tanja Höft, Annegret Reißmann, Frank Ernst, Christian Grygas, Mirko Poick and Dietrich Seydlitz, conducted by Ernst Theis.
- Espace Musique & RTP Antena 2 - From the 2009 Rossini Festival in Pesaro, Italy, Rossini's Zelmira, with Kate Aldrich, Marianna Pizzolato, Alex Esposito, Juan Diego Flórez, Gregory Kunde, Mirco Palazzi, Francisco Ruben Brito and Savio Sperandio, conducted by Roberto Abbado.
- France Musique & Cesky Rozhlas 3-Vltava - From Teatro dell'Opera in Rome, a March 17 performance of Glück's Iphigénie en Aulide, with Beatriz Diaz, Alexey Tikhomirov, Ekaterina Gubanova, Krassimira Stoyanova, Avi Klemberg, Mario Cassi, Maxim Kuzmin-Karavaev, Carlos Garcia-Ruiz, Alessandra Ruffini, Sara Allegretta, Miljana Nikolich, Monica Tarone, Francesco Marsiglia and Marta Moretto, conducted by Riccardo Muti.
- KBYU - From San Francisco Opera, Korngold's Die Tode Stadt, with Torsten Kerl, Emily Magee, Lucas Meachem, Katharine Tier, Ji Young Yang, Daniela Mack, Alek Shrader, Andrew Bidlack, Bryan Ketron and Ben Bongers, conducted by Donald Runnicles.
- Radio 4 Netherlands - From La Scala in Milan, Britten's A Midsummer Night's Dream, with David Daniels, Rosemary Joshua and Gordon Gietz, conducted by Andrew Davis.
- Radio Oesterreich International (OE1) - From Theater an der Wien, Britten's Death in Venice, with Kurt Streit, Russell Braun, Christophe Dumaux, Erik Arman and Klemens Sander, conducted by Donald Runnicles.
- WETA - From the NPR World of Opera archives: From the 2009 Schwetzingen Festival Handel's Ezio, with Yosemeh Adjei, Netta Or, Rosa Bove, Hilke Andersen, Donat Havar and Marcell Bakonyi, conducted by Attilio Cremonesi.
- WFMT Opera Series (on numerous stations) - From San Francisco Opera, Donizetti's L'Elisir d'amore, with Inva Mula, Ramon Vargas, Giorgio Caoduro, Alessandro Corbelli and Ji Young Yang, conducted by Bruno Campanella.
- NPR World of Opera - From Grand Theatre of Geneva, Verdi's Il Trovatore, with Tatiana Serjan, Irina Mishura, Zoran Todorovich, George Petean and Burak Bilgili, conducted by Evelino Pido.
- XLNC1 - From San Francisco Opera, Mussorgsky's Boris Godunov, with Samuel Ramey, Vsevolod Grivnov, John Uhlenhopp, Vladimir Ognovenko, Vitalij Kowaljow, Andrew Bidlack, Ji Young Yang, Jack Gorlin, Catherine Cook, Daveda Karanas, Matthew O’Neill, Nicolai Janitzky, Kenneth Kellogg and Mityukha Valery Portnov, conducted by Vassily Sinaisky.
- MDR Figaro - From the Vienna State Opera, a June 18 performance of Strauss's Die schweigsame Frau, with Diana Damrau, Kurt Rydl, Janina Baechle and Michael Schadeconducted by Peter Schneider.
- Sveriges Radio P2 - From La Scala, an April performance of Rossini's Il Viaggio a Rheims, with Carmela Remigio, Patrizia Ciofi, Nicola Ulivieri, Alastair Miles, Annick Massis, Juan F. Gatell Abre, Daniela Barcellona, Dmitry Korchak, Fabio Capitanucci, Bruno Praticò, Alessandro Guerzoni and Enrico Iviglia, conducted by Ottavio Dantone.
- Espace 2 - From l'Opéra National de Paris, a July 24 performance of Szymanowski's Le Roi Roger, with Mariusz Kwiecien, Olga Pasychnik, Eric Cuttler, Stefan Margita, Wojtek Smilek and Jadwiga Rappé, conducted by Kazushi Ono.
- Klara - From the 2009 Drottningholm Festival, an August performance of Monteverdi's L'incoronazione di Poppea, with Ingelina Bohlin, Charlotte Hellekant, Matilda Paulsson, Christopher Ainslie, Lars Arvidson, Malin Christensson, Rickard Söderberg, Lars Johansson Brissman, Johan Christensson, Daniel Carlsson and Thomas Walker, conducted by Mark Tatlow.
- Latvia Klasika Radio - From Vienna, Tchaikovsky's Eugen Onegin, with Simon Keenlyside, Tamara Iveri, Ramon Vargas, and Nadia Kresteve, conducted by Seiji Ozawa.
- Radio Tre - Direct from La Scala, Montiverdi's Orfeo, with Roberta Invernizzi, Sara Mingardo, Luca Dordolo, Leonardo Cortellazzi, Martin Oro, Luigi De Donato, Raffaella Milanesi and Giovanni Battista Parodi, conducted by Rinaldo Alessandrini.
- WDAV - NPR World of Opera (on a one week delay) - From Washington National Opera, Donizetti's Lucrezia Borgia, with Renee Fleming, Vittorio Grigolo, Kate Aldrich, Ruggero Raimondi, Oleksandr Pushniak, Girgory Soloviov, Jose Ortega, Yingxi Zhang and David B. Morris, conducted by Placido Domingo.
And later on this evening:
- WCLV - From Severance Hall in Cleveland, Ohio, a September 19, 2002 performance of Haydn's Creation, with Malin Hartelius, James Taylor, and Thomas Quasthoff, conducted by Franz Welser-Möst.
- KING - Yet another chance to hear the Los Angeles Opera performance of Shore's The Fly, with Daniel Okulitch, conducted by Placido Domingo.
- ABC Classic FM (Australia) - From the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam, Haydn's Orlando Paladino, with Marcel Reijans, Henriette Bonde-Hansen, Pietro Spagnoli, Kenneth Tarver, Peter Gijsbertsen, Laura Cherici, Nikolay Borchev, Elena Monti and Martijn Cornet, conducted by Alessandro de Marchi.