Live Offerings - Saturday, April 10, 2010
All sorts of personal issues have prevented us from posting here for several weeks, but we are now back.
The Met is offering Mozart's Magic Flute with Matthew Polenzani; Sveriges has Meistesinger from Goteborg with an all-Swedish cast;Radio Oesterreich International is re-airing the Met's March 6th broadcast of Verdi's Attila; Radio 4 Netherlands offers Saariaho's Emilie with Karita Mattila; Norwegian Radio is carrying Handel's Agrippina from La Fenice , while Radio Tre is carrying Handel's Purcell's Dido and Aeneas, also from La Fenice. ANd ther;s more - here's the complete list for this afternoon:
- Sveriges Radio P2 - From Göteborg Opera, a live performance of Wagner's Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg, with Anders Lorentzson, Richard Decker, Sara Andersson, Åke Zetterström, Ingrid Tobiasson, Mathias Zachariassen, Johan Schinkler, Ingemar Anderson, Mattias Nilsson, Mats Persson, Iwar Bergkwist, Sten Pernmyr, Mattias Ermedahl, Andreas Lundmark, Michael Schmidberger, Peter Loguin and Sami Yousri, conducted by Olaf Henzold.
- LRT Klasika - From Palais Garnier in Paris, Gounod's Mireille, with Inva Mula and Charles Castronovo, conducted by Marc Minkowski.
- DR P2 - From Teatro Real in Madrid, a March 20th performance of Martín y Soler's L'arbore di Diana with Ekaterina Lekhina, Ketevan Kemklidze, Ainoa Garmedia and Marisa Martins, conducted by Ottavio Dantone.
- Dwojka Radio Polskie - From Moscow, a March 6th performance of Berg's Wozzeck, with Georg Nigl, Mardi Byers, Maxim Paster, Pyotr Migunov, Roman Muravitsky, Fredrik Akselberg, Xenia Vyaznikova, Valery Gilmanov and Nikolai Kazansky, conducted by Teodore Currentzis.
- Metropolitan Opera Internation Radio Broadcast (on numerous stations) - Mozart's Die Zauberflöte, with Nathan Gunn, Matthew Polenzani, Julia Kleiter, Albina Shagimuratova, Wendy Bryn Harmer, Jamie Barton, Tamara Mumford, Jakob Taylor, Neem Ram Nagarajan, Jonathan A. Makepeace, Monica Yunus, Hans-Peter König,David Pittsinger, Greg Fedderly, David Crawford, Bernard Fitch, Philip Webb and Richard Bernstein, conducted by Adam Fischer.
- Radio 4 Netherlands - From l'Opéra National de Lyon, Saariaho's Emilie, with Karita Mattila, conducted by Kazushi Ono.
- NRK Klassisk & NRK P2 - From Teatro la Fenice in Venice, Handel's Agrippina, with Lorenzo Regazza, Ann Hallenberg, Florin Cezar Ouatu, Veronica Cangemi, Zavier Sabata, Ugo Guagliardo, Milena Stori and Roberto Abbondanza, conducted by Fabio Biondi.
- Radio Oesterreich International (OE1) - From the Metropolitan opera in New York, the March 6th broadcast of Verdi's Attila, with Ildar Abdrazakov, Violeta Urmana, Giovanni Meoni, Ramón Vargas, Russell Thomas and Samuel Ramey, conducted by Riccardo Muti.
- Klara - From Vlaamse Opera, Tchaikovsky's Eugen Onegin, with Tommi Hakala, Anna Leese, Katarina Bradic, Thorsten Büttner, Ilya Bannik, Mireille Capelle, Livia Budai and Guy De Mey, conducted by Dmitri Jurowski.
- Radio Tre (RAI) - From Teatro La Fenice in Venice, a March 14th performance of Purcell's Dido and Aeneas, with Ann Hallenberg, Marlin Miller, Maria Grazia Schiavo, Oriana Kurteshi, Sabrina Vianello, Elena Traversi, Julianne Young and Krystian Adam, conducted by Attilio Cremonesi.
- KBIA2 & WDAV- NPR World of Opera: from the Rossini Opera Festival in Pesaro, Rossini's Zelmira, with Kate Aldrich, Juan Diego Flórez, Marianna Pizzolato, Alex Esposito, Mirco Palazzi, Gregory Kunde, Francisco Brito and Sávio Sperandio, conducted by Roberto Abbado.