Live Offerings - Saturday, September 11, 2010
Our thoughts and prayers are with those who died nine years ago today and their families....
Some interesting operas on offer this weekend:
- CBC Two - From Teatro Real in Madrid, Martin y Soler's L'arbore di Diana (The Tree of Diana), with Ekaterina Lekhina, Ketevan Kemoklidze, Ainhoa Garmendia, Marisa Martins, Jossie Perez, Jose Luis Sola, John McVeigh, Simeon Orfila, conducted by Ottavio Dantone.
- Deutschlandaradio Kultur - From Konzerthaus Berlin, a May, 1993 performance of Cornelius's Le Cid, with Robert Schunk, Ronnie Johansen, Gertrud Ottental, Albert Dohmen, Endrik Wottrich, Michael Schopper, Georg Taube, Klaus Silber, Michael Timm, conducted by Gustav Kuhn.
- DR P2 - Ruders' Dancer in the Dark, with Ylva Kihlberg, Palle Knudsen, Hanne Fischer, Gert Henning Jensen, Ulla Kudsk Jensen and Guido Paevatalu, conducted by Michael Schønwandt.
- Espace Musique - From Opéra Lyra Ottawa, Massenet's Manon, with Nathalie Paulin, Michael Schade, Brett Polegato, Alain Coulombe, Renée Lapointe, Christina Tannous, Eva Rachel McLeod, Theodore Baerg, Michel Corbeil, Jean-Philippe Fortier-Lazure and Philippe Sabourin, conducted by Tyrone Paterson.
- Last Night of the Proms, carried on numerous stations and starting as early as 1:00PM EDT and as late as 4:30PM EDT - Live from the Royal Albert Hall, featuring Renee Fleming, soprano, Maxim Rysanov, viola, conducted by Jiri Belohlavek.
- KBIA2, KOHM, WABE, WDAV, WHQR, WPLN, WUGA - NPR World of Opera: From Opera Carolina, Gounod's Faust, with Maureen O'Flynn, James Valenti, Chester Patton, Corey McKern, Diane McEwen-Martin, Jeremy Collier and Kim Blanchard, conducted by James Meena.
- KUSF - From LA Opera, Schreker's The Stigmatized (Die Gezeichneten), with Robert Brubaker, Anja Kampe and Martin Gantner, conducted by James Conlon.
- Radio de Espana - Live from Teatro Real in Madrid, Tchaikovsky's Eugen Onegin, with M. Kasrashvili, T. Monogarova, M. Mamsirova, O. Volkova, N. Romanova, M. Kwiecien, S. Romanovsky, A. Kotscherga and V. Gilmanov (Zaretski), conducted by D. Jurowski.
- WFMT Opera Series (on numerous stations) - From the San Francisco Opera, Puccini's Il Trittico, with Patricia Racette, Brandon Jovanovich, Paolo Gavanelli, Ewa Podles and David Lomeli, conducted by Patrick Summers.
- WRTI - From the San Francisco Opera, Mozart's The Abduction from the Seraglio, with Matthew Polenzani, Peter Rose, Andrew Bidlack, Charles Shaw Robinson, Mary Dunleavy and Anna Christy, conducted by Cornelius Meister.
- Sveriges Radio P2 - From the Musikverein, Vienna, a September 1 concert performance of Purcell's Dido and Aeneas, with Gerald Finley, Bernarda Fink, Sophie Karthäuser, Elisabeth von Magnus, James Taylor, Wolfgang Holzmair, Johanna Aschenbrenner and Peter Kövari, conducted by Nikolaus Harnoncourt.
- NRK Klassisk & NRK P2 - From Norske Opera, Kverndokk's Jorden rundt på 80 dager (Around the World in 80 Days), with Tom Erik Lie, Thor Inge Falch, Hege Høisæter, Magne Fremmerlid, Mari Eriksmoen, conducted by Christian Eggen.
- KING - From LA Opera, Wagner's Siegfried, with John Treleaven, Vitalij Kowaljow, Graham Clark and Linda Watson, conducted by James Conlon.
- Concert FM (New Zealand) - From Teatro São Carlos in Lisbon, Niobe, Regina di Tebe, with Alexandra Coku, Jacek Laszczkowski, Chelsey Schill, Luís Rodrigues, Pascal Bertin, Peter Kennel, Leandro Fischetti, Musa Nkuna and Luisa Francesconi, conducted by Sebastian Rouland.
- ABC Classic FM (Australia) - From Palais Garnier in Paris, Gounod's Mireille, with Inva Mula, Charles Castronovo, Franck Ferrari, Alain Vernhes, Sylvie Brunet, Anne-Catherine Gillet, Sébastien Droy, Nicolas Cavallier, Amel Brahim-Djelloul and Ugo Rabec, conducted by Marc Minkowski.