Live Offerings - Saturday, September 4, 2010
We are back from a well-deserved vacation and back to blogging.... We see at least three or four interesting things to listen on this holiday weekend:
- Deutschlandradio Kultur - Of historical interest, a September 5, 1950 Berlin performance of Verdi's Rigoletto, with Rudolf Schock, Josef Metternich, Rita Streich, Fritz Hoppe and Margarete Klose, conducted by Ferenc Fricsay.
- KBYU, WRTI - From San Francisco Opera, Verdi's Otello, with Johan Botha, Zvetelina Vassileva, Marco Viratogna, Beau Gibson, Renee Tatum, Eric Halfvarson, Daniel Montenegro, Julien Robbins and Austin Kness, conducted by Nicola Luisotti.
- KBIA2, KOHM, WABE Classical, WHQR, WPLN, WDAV & WUGA - NPR World of Opera: From the Bolshoi Theater in Moscow, Berg's Wozzeck, withGeorg Nigl (Wozzeck); Mardi Byers, Maxim Paster, Pyotr Migunov, Fredrik Akselberg, Roman Muravitsky and Xenia Vyaznikova, conducted by Teodore Currentzis.
- KUSF - the LA Opera Götterdämmerung.
- Radio Clasica de Espana - From the Vienna State Opera, Wagner's Tannhäuser, with J. Botha, A. Kampe, M. Schuster, C. Gerhaher, A. Anger, G. Németi, A. Moisiuc, P. Jelosits, M. Pelz and A. Mühlbacher, conducted by F. Welser-Möst.
- WETA - From the Leipzig Gewandhaus, Schumann's Genoveva, with Anne Schwanewilms, Birgit Remmert, Morten Frank Larsen, Matthias Klink, Markus Marquardt, Jae-Hyong Kim and Gun-Wok Lee, conducted by Jun Maerkl.
- The WFMT Opera Series (on numerous stations): From San Francisco Opera, Mozart's The Abduction from the Seraglio, with Matthew Polenzani, Peter Rose, Andrew Bidlack, Charles Shaw Robinson, Mary Dunleavy and Anna Christy, conducted by Cornelius Meister.
- France Musique - From the Palais Garnier in Paris, a June 14 performance of Rossini's Donna del Lago, with Juan Diego Florez, Simon Orfila, Colin Lee, Joyce DiDonato, Daniela Barcellona, Diana Axentii and Jason Bridges, conducted by Roberto Abbado.
- Radio Oesterreich International (OE1) - From Théâtre Royal de la Monnaie in Brussels, a May 8 performance of Massenet's Don Quichotte, with Silvia Tro Santafé, José van Dam, Werner Van Mechelen, Julie Mossay, Camille Merckx, Gijs Van der Linden and Vincent Delhoume, conducted by Marc Minkowski.
- HR2 Kultur, MDR Figaro, NDR Kultur, RBB Radiokultur & WDR3 - ARD Radiofestival 2010: From the Lucerne Festival, an Auugust 12 performance of Beethoven's Fidelio, with Jonas Kaufmann, Nina Stemme, Christof Fischesser, Rachel Harnisch, Christoph Strehl, Falk Struckmann and Peter Mattei, conducted by Claudio Abbado.
- Klara - From the Royal Opera House Covent Garden, a September 23, 2009, performance of Verdi's Don Carlo, with Jonas Kaufmann, Marina Poplovskaya and Simon Keenlyside.