Live Offerings - Saturday, January 8, 2011
The Met goes live today with Puccini's La Fanciulla del West, DR P2 has a promising-looking Tosca with Mattila and Kaufmann, you can catch rebroadcasts of this season's Met broadcasts of Pelleas, Don Carlo and its historic broadcast of The Bartered Bride. Here's the complete lineup0 of live offerings:
- LRT Klasika Radio - Already underway, a reairing of the Met's Pellas et Melisande from last week, with Kozena, Degout, Finley, Palmer and White, conducted by Rattle.
- Deutschlandradio Kultur - From Theater Osnabrück, a May 15, 2009 performance of Gombrowicz's Mario Wiegand, with Marco Vassalli, Anja Meyer, Kolja Hosemann, Eva Schneidereit, Genadijus Bergorulko, Natalia Atamanchuk, Mark Hamman, Frank Färber, Alrun Becker, Stefan Kreimer and Tadeusz Jedras, conducted by Hermann Bäumer.
- DR P2 - From Munich, an August 28, 2010 performance of Puccini's Tosca, with Karita Mattila, Jonas Kaufmann, Juha Uusitalo and Christian van Horn, conducted by Fabio Luisi.
- Metropolitan Opera (on numerous stations) - Puccini's La Fanciulla del West, with Deborah Voigt, Marcello Giordani, Lucio Gallo, Tony Stevenson, Keith Miller, Dwayne Croft, Hugo Vera, Trevor Scheunemann, Richard Bernstein, Adam Laurence Herskowitz, Michael Forest, David Crawford, Edward Parks, Philip Cokorinos, Ginger Costa-Jackson, Oren Gradus and Jeff Mattsey, conducted by Nicola Luisotti. [Also being shown in HD in movie theaters this afternoon.]
- Radio 4 Netherlands & Radio Oesterreich International (OE1) - A re-airing of the Met's Don Carlo, with Giorgio Giuseppini, Yonghoon Lee, Simon Keenlyside, Eric Halvarson and Maria Poplavskaya, conducted by Yannick Nézet-Séguin.
- BBC Radio 3 - A Mozart double bill: From Lyric Opera of Chicago, Le Nozze di Figaro, with Kyle Ketelsen, Danielle de Niese, Anne Schwanewilms, Mariusz Kwiecien, Joyce DiDonato, Lauren Curnow, Andrea Silvestrelli, Keith Jameson, Philip Kraus, Angela Mannino and David Portillo, conducted by Andrew Davis; and from Freiburt, La Clemenza di Tito, with Mark Padmore, Alexandrina Pendatchanska, Bernarda Fink, Marie-Claude Chappuis, Sunhae Im and Sergio Foresti, conducted by René Jacobs.
- Dwojka Polskie Radio - An October 10, 2010 performance of Cherubini's Lodoïska, with Sébastien Gueze, Nathalie Manfrino, Pierre-Yves Pruvot, Philippe Do, Alain Buet, Hjördis Thébault and Armando Noguera, conducted by Jérémie Rhorer.
- KBIA 2, WABE Classical, WDAV, WHQR & WUGA - NPR World of Opera: From the Lucerne Festival, Beethoven's Fidelio, with Jonas Kaufmann, Nina Stemme, Christof Fichesser, Rachel Harnisch, Chrostoph Strehl, Falk Struckmann and Peter Mattei, conducted by Claudio Abbado.
- Espace 2 - From Opéra de Lyon, a November 2010 performance of Rossini's Otello, with Anna Caterina Antonacci, Dmitry Korchak, José Manuel Zapata, José Maria Lo Monaco, Marco Vinco, Tansel Akzeybek and Frabrice Constans, conducted by Evelino Pidò.
- Klara - From Los Angeles Opera, Rossini's Il Barbiere di Siviglia, with Nathan Gunn, Juan Diego Flórez, Joyce DiDonato, Bruno Praticò, Andrea Silvestrelli, Kerri Marcinko, José Adán Pérez and Craig Colclough, conducted by Michele Mariotti,
- Concert FM (New Zealand) & ABC Classic FM (Australia) - A re-airing of the historic Met broadcast of Smetanan's The Bartered Bride, from December 2, 1978, with Derek Hammond Stroud, Elizabeth Cross, Teresa Stratas, Jean Kraft, Jon Vickers, Nicolai Gedda, Martti Talvela,. John Cheek, Alan Crofoot, Colette Boky and Andrij Dobriansky conducted by James Levine.
Happy listening . . . .