Live Offerings - Saturday, January 22, 2011
We have just changed the listing for ESPACE 2 on our Saturday page - Instead of the Elektra that had been scheduled, they will be airing this fall's performance from the Wexford Festival of Mercadante's Virginie, starring Angela Meade. If you did not hear it this past October, don't miss it!
And now for the rest of the live lineup for this afternoon:
- Dwojka Polakie Radio, DR P2 & Latvia Radio Klasika - From the Vienna State Opera, Mozart's Cosi fan tutte, with Miah Persson, Caitlin Hulcup, Ildebrando d’Arcangelo, Topi Lehtipuu, Daniela Fally and Alessandro Corbelli, conducted by Jérémie Rhorer.
- Deutschlandradio Kultur - From the Vienna State Opera, an October 23, 2010 performance of Hindemith's Cardillac, with Juha Uusitalo, Juliane Banse, Herbert Lippert, Tomasz Konieczny, Matthias Klink and Ildiko Raimondi, conducted by Franz Welser-Möst..*France Musique, Radio OEsterreich (OE1) & Sveriges Radio P2 - From L'Opera Comique, a January 11 concert performance double bill: Poulenc's Les Mamelles de Tirésias and Milhaud's Le Bœuf sur le toit, with Hélène Guilmette, Ivan Ludlow, Werner Van Mechelen, Christophe Gay, Loïc Felix, Thomas Morris, Marc Molomot, Jeannette Fischer, Robert Horn and Edgard Guilet, conducted by Ludovic Morlot.
- Metropolitan Opera (on numerous stations) - Verdi's Rigoletto, with Giovanni Meoni, Nino Machaidze, Joseph Calleja, Stefan Kocán, Kirstin Chávez, Kathryn Day, David Crawford, Edyta Kulczak, Eduardo Valdes, Quinn Kelsey , Malcolm MacKenzie, Joseph Pariso and Patricia Steiner, conducted by Paolo Arrivabeni.
- Radio 4 Netherlands - From Lausanne, Lecocq's La fille de Mme Angot, with Maryline Fallot, Bénédicte Tauran, Alain Vernhes, Emiliano Gonzalez Toro, Sébastien Bou, Philippe Cantor and Michèle Lagrange, conducted by Nicolas Chalvin.
- Radio Clasica de Espana - From Opéra Berlioz-Le Corum in Montpellier, a July 26, 2010 performance of d'Indy's L’Étranger, with C. Berthon, L. Tézier , M. Brenciu, N. Javakhidze, B. Roussenq, F. Bard, F. Werquin, P. Palazy, F. Mbia, J. Houpiez-Bainvel, M. Chaboud-Crouzaz and A. Douphin, conducted by L. Foster.
- NRK Klassisk & NRK P2 - From Théatre des Champs-Elysées in Paris, a November 11, 2010 performance of Rossini's Otello, with John Osborn, Anna Caterina Antonacci, Dmitrij Korchak, José Manuel Zapata, José Maria Lo Monaco, Marco Vinco, Tansel Akzeybek, Fabrice Constans and Tansel Akzeybek, conducted by Evelino Pido.
- KBIA 2, WABE Classical & WUGA, - NPR World of Opera: From Washington National Opera, Wagner's The Flying Dutchman, with Alan Held, Jennifer Wilson, Gidon Saks, Ian Storey, Janice Meyerson, Andreas Conrad, conducted by Heinz Fricke.
- Espace 2 - From the Wexford Festival, and October 10 performance of Mercadante's Virginie, with Angela Meade, Bruno Ribeiro, Ivan Magri, Hugh Russell, Gianluca Buratto, Marcella Walsh and John Myers, conducted by Carlos Izcaray.
- Klara - Cavalli's Artemesia, with Francesca Lombardi Marzulli, Sakiko Abe, Valentina Coladonato, Maarten Engeltjes, Roberto Balconi, Marina Bartoli, Silvia Frigato and Salvo Vitale, conducted by Claudio Cavina.
- Radio Tre (RAI) - From the Berlin State Opera, Joneleit's Metanoia, with Annette Dasch, Daniel Schmutzhard, Graham Clark, Alfred Reiter, Anna Prohaska, Sophie Rois and Martin Wuttke, conducted by Daniel Barenboim.
- WFMT - From Lyric Opera of Chicago, Puccini's Girl of the Golden West, with Deborah Voigt, Marcello Giordani, Marco Vratogna and David Cangelosi, conducted by Sir Andrew Davis.
- Concert FM (New Zealand) & ABC CLassic FM (Australia) - From the Metropolitan Opera, Puccini's La Fanciulla del West, with Deborah Voigt, Marcello Giordani, Lucio Gallo, Tony Stevenson, Keith Miller, Dwayne Croft, Hugo Vera, Trevor Scheunemann, Richard Bernstein, Adam Laurence Herskowitz, Michael Forest, David Crawford, Edward Parks, Philip Cokorinos, Ginger Costa-Jackson, Oren Gradus and Edward Mout, conducted by Nicola Luisotti.
- KING - From Seattle Opera, Rossini's The Barber of Seville, with Sarah Coburn, Lawrence Brownlee, José Carbó, Patrick Carfizzi, Burak Bilgili, Sally Wolf, Daniel Scofield, Adrian Rosas and David S. Hogan, conducted by Dean Williamson.
Happy listening . . . .