Live Offerings - Saturday, March 5, 2011 - Part I
Lots to choose from this afternoon, as only eight European stations are carrying the Met's broadcast of Rossini's Armida with Renee Fleming. La Scala is sending us a live Death in Venice. Radio Clasica de Espana is giving us Monteverdi's Il ritorno d’Ulisse in patria from this past summer's Beaune Baroque Music Festival. From NPR World of Opera comes a Rome opera Roberto Devereux with Carmela Remigio. Take a look at all the live offerings:
- Deutschlandradio Kultur & Espace 2 - From the Vienna State Opera, a January 22nd performance of Mozart's Così fan tutte, with Caroline Wenborne, Stephanie Houtzeel, Ildebrando D'Arcangelo, Topi Lehtipuu, Anita Hartig and Alessandro Corbelli, conducted by Jérémie Rhorer.
- DR P2 - Gounod's Romeo et Juliette, with Niels Jørgen Riis, Inger Dam-Jensen, Nikolai Didenko, Anette Bod, Guido Paevatalu, Palle Knudsen, Hallvar Djupvik, Jakob Vad and Bo Kristian Jensen, conducted by Alexander Shelley.
- Metropolitan Opera (on numerous stations) - Rossini's Armida, with Renee Fleming,Lawrence Brownlee John Osborn, Antonino Siragusa, Barry Banks, Kobie van Rensburg and Yeghishe Manucharyan, conducted by Riccardo Frizza.
- Radio Clasica de Espana - From Festival Internacional de Música Barroca de Beaune, a July 2, 2010 performance of Monteverdi's Il ritorno d’Ulisse in patria, with F. Zanasi, S. Mingardo, L. Dordolo, A. Arrivabene, S. Vitale, E. Biscuola, R. Giordani, J. Palumbo, M. Piccinini, G. Ferrarini, G. Paolo Fagotto and A. Simboli, conducted by R. Alessandrini.
- NRK Klassisk & NRK P2 - From San Francisco Opera, Verdi's Otello, with Johan Botha, Zvetelina Vassileva, Marco Vratogna, Beau Gibson, Renee Tatum, Daniel Montenegro, Eric Halvarson and Julien Robbins, conducted by Nicola Luisotti.
- Radio Oesterreich International (OE1) - From Schönbrunner Schlosstheater, an August 2010 performance of Nedbal's Die Winzerbraut, with Wolfgang Müller-Lorenz, Martin Turba, Marcus Niedermeyr, Andreas Rainer, Bibiana Nwobilo, Mirjam Neururer, Susanne Kirnbauer and Alfred Berger, conducted by Herbert Mogg.
- KBIA2, WABE Classical, WDAV, WHQR & WUGA - NPR World of Opera: From Rome Opera, Donizetti's Roberto Devereux, with Carmela Remigio, Massimiliano Pisapia, Alberto Gazale, Sonia Ganassi, Bruno Lazzaretti and Ezio Maria Tisi, conducted by Bruno Campanella.
- Cesky Rohzlas-3 Vltava - From Teatros del Canal in Madrid, a September 18, 2010 performance of Graun's Montezuma, with Flavio Oliver, Lourdes Ambriz, Rogelio Marín, Lucía Salas, Lina López, Adrián-George Popescu and Christophe Carré, conducted by Gabriel Garrido.
- HR 2 Kultur - From the Rheingau Music Festival, an August 5, 2010 performance of Scarlatti's Penelope la casta, with Dorothee Mields, Kobie van Rensburg, Olivia Vermeulen and Luciana Mancini, conducted by Wolfgang Katschner.
- Klara - From Juliusz Slowacki Theater in Krakow, Vivaldi's La Fida Ninfa, with Roberta Invernizzi, Maria Grazia Schiavo, Jennifer Holloway, Christian Senn, David DQ Lee and Tilman Lichdi, conducted by Jean-Christophe Spinosi.
- RAI RadioTre - From Teatro alla Scala, Britten's Death in Venice, with John Graham-Hall, Peter Coleman-Wright, Iestyn Davies, Peter Van Hulle, Anna Dennis,
- Guide Charles Johnston, Anna Dennis, Donal Byrne, Jonathan Gunthorpe, Richard Edgar-Wilson, Constance Novis, Madeleine Shaw and Benoit De Leersnyder
- Orchestra e Coro del Teatro alla Scala di Milano, conducted by Edward Gardner.
- WBHM - NPR World of Opera: From the Royal Opera House Covent Garden, Wagner's Tannhauser, with Johan Botha, Eva-Maria Westbroeck, Michaela Schuster, Christian Gerhaber, Timothy Robinson, Clive Bayley, Steven Ebel and Jeremy White, conducted by Semyon Bychkov.
- Concert FM (New Zealand) & ABC Classics FM (Australia) - Another chance to hear the Metropolitan opera broadcast of Donizetti's Don Pasquale, with John Del Carlo, Mariusz Kwiecien, Matthew Polenzani, Rachelle Durkin and Bernard Fitch, conducted by Joseph Colaneri.
Happy listening . . . .